Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Sorry, the music stopped since your spotify account is being used on another device" - Chromecast

"Sorry, the music stopped since your spotify account is being used on another device" - Chromecast

I can connect the android app to my Chromecast audio and play a track. As soon as I try to change track playback stops and I get this message: "Sorry, the music stopped since your spotify account is being used on another device". I can start playing the track on my phone speaker and connect to the Chomecast, which will play until I try to change track again. I have the same issue if I try to change track from the OSX app.

I have revoked all app access from spotify, deleted cookies on all my devices yet the issue still persists. I have signed out of everything via the account page. I'm lost.

Any ideas appreciated! 

9 Replies

I have just encountered this problem. It used to bee semless but now Spotify is areal pain to use. Changing song is not doable as the problem with the account issue interrupts playback and I have to reconnect to my Chromecast. This a new problem since a day or two. 

Forgot to say I have followed the instruction to log out of all devices, emptied the cache, and reinstalled the app. All to good. 

Please send link to your resolution or the details of what you did as I have suddenly encountered the issue. Many thanks in advance

Same here...  Can't switch tracks...  

I haven't figured out a solution yet. Anyone else have any more ideas?

I've just encountered the same. Tried all resets. Was working fine last night

I just factory reset the chrome cast and  it's fixed

I have just been able to solve this issue!

The phone from which I was casting Spotify stream from to my Chromecast was connected to my 5Ghz network, but the Chromecast was connected to the 2,4GHz network (both on same router). When swithing the phone to the 2,4GHz network _and_ making it forget about the 5GHz network I have had no issues for an hour.

Resetting the chromecast to factory settings worked for me.

Suggested posts