Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded Music Being Deleted

Downloaded Music Being Deleted

So, I've seen a couple of other posts about this but none of them seem to actually be getting answered. Basically, all the playlists that I have downloaded will all be marked as if they were not downloaded at random times. I haven't found a way to recover this music even though it is still on my device because the app still takes up 2.25GB of storage on my phone (I've downloaded roughly 700 songs). This has happened to me three times, and each time I have tried deleting the app altogether, signing back in and downloading the music all over again. But it still keeps happening and it happened again today. I'm starting to get really frustrated because I've been using Spotify for over four years now and I've never had such a major issue like this happen without a known solution.

The consensus from all the other threads seems to be that people are leaving Spotify when they encounter this issue, but I want to give Spotify a chance to fix this because it really is the best music streaming app. I DO NOT want to hear about Tidal or Google Play music or any other services, I WANT A SOLUTION. If I don't get a solution soon I will probably have to cancel my premium membership because it's costing me a lot of money to stream my music over my network.

If you also encounter this issue, please like this post so that people who know how to solve it will see it. And if you know of a solution please tell me.

P.S. I've looked through the threads of people experiencing similar issues and none of the "solutions" given to them have worked for me. So don't send me a link to those threads.

5 Replies

Exact same problem here. Soooo close to leaving spotify now.

Same here... All downloaded songs gone after updating the app.

There doesn't seem to be a proper solution at the moment. Your best bet would be to contact support directly. Best wishes!

Same issue and I’m having for months (even posted here but got 0 answers) just recently bought a Apple Music subscription, with jMusic I’m moving all my playlists to Apple Music and I can keep track of Discovery Playlists since I’m just canceling my Premium subscription and not closing my account (Apple Music AI for curated and generated playlists based on my library sucks), it’s complicated but I rather do this than randomly losing my library downloads just when I’m out of a connection, having to waste time every day to download 400 ~ 700 songs each time doesn’t worth the money I pay. 

They do not care.  If you search you will see lots and lots of reports of this same thing (going back years not months) and each time the issue gets closed with no resolution.

Having seen this with different SD cards and different phones (always Samsung) I am going to cancel before my next billing date.

Suggested posts