Premium Family 

Country

Canada 

Device

LG G8X Thinq 

Operating System

Android 11 

My Question or Issue

My "what's new" button returns an error when I press it. I've tried a reinstall. 

5 Replies

Hey @Inner_vision,

Thanks for posting here.

Could you restart your device, log out and log back in again to see if that changes anything?

If that doesn't make a difference, you can send us a screenshot of the error message. Just make sure that any sensitive or private info is hidden. We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, sorry for not getting back to your initial suggestion. I had at that time tried a reinstall / log out /in. (I also attached a screenshot, though I don't see it here).

To tie up the thread, I did as you suggested again. My problem was not solved. I'll attach a screenshot of my message. 

Thanks for your attention here, I do appreciate it, though I will say I'm likely migrating away from Spotify. I've already found a superior podcast service, and I'm currently in a trial period with another service for my music. Sorry... too many issues. Too many nuisances. I just find the overall Spotify experience gives me an odd mix of anxiety and rage when it should be love and adoration. I don't know how much effort you should throw at my problem. 

Screenshot_20220406-201522.png

Hey there @Inner_vision,

Sorry to hear your issue still persists. We haven't received other consistent reports about this feature not working as expected, so we'd be happy to try and dig deeper into this troubleshooting with you if you'd like. You can also let us know what else you're having difficulty with and we can see if we can find solutions.

As a next step we'd say it's a good idea to try clearing your cache to remove any old files that might be causing issues.

If that doesn't do it for you, could you let us your phone's Spotify version and, if possible, if you experience this on other mobile devices?

We'll be on the lookout for your answer and we'll see what we can suggest next. 

ElenaModerator

Hi there, I've been receiving the same problems. It simply says "something went wrong, try again" and doesn't change from that when I press try again. This has persisted for around a month. I have done a full reinstall and have logged out and back in, nothing has worked so far

Hey @CalebLee,

Sorry to see you've been experiencing this as well.
We'd ask of you to take a look at @Elena's response and to provide us with your Spotify version, device make & model and your OS version.

You may also check with our Support if there are any inconsistencies with your account, as we cannot view those from the Community!
We're here for you if anything else comes up 🙂
Cheers!

VasilModerator

Suggested posts