Premium

Country

UK 

Device

Samsung galaxy s20 plus 

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue

Has anyone's podcasts just completely dissappeard and i cant search for them either?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Podcasts disappeared

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We just wanted to follow-up on and confirm the response from our Creator Support team which some of you might have already received after enquiring about why your podcast has been taken down. We're copying it below for clarity:

Spotify for Podcasters isn't intended to be used as a music distribution tool, regardless of the licensing state of your music. In an effort to enable all creative artists the opportunity to live off their art, creators who wish to share their music on Spotify should use a music distributor. We recommend using one of our preferred providers. Check out Spotify for Artists to get started.

If you're a podcast creator and are experiencing an issue with your podcast on Spotify, make sure to head over to Spotify for Podcasters.

If you listen to a podcast and are experiencing an issue with it, make sure to search the Help and Music Chat sections for relevant threads. If you can't find an answer there, then feel free to start a new thread in the Content Questions board.

Cheers!

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

22 Replies
Highlighted

Casual Listener
All of my podcasts have disappeared.
Highlighted

Regular
I envy you, I came here wondering why my home page now has a HUGE podcast "button" taking up half my screen until I scroll down. I almost never listen to podcasts and I DON'T want them. I hope your problem gets helped but I'm hoping I also can learn how to turn off the podcast button when you do get an answer as a side effect.
Highlighted

I'm having the same problem!! Terrible!!

Lost all the good music!

Highlighted

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

Do you mind sending us a screenshot showing how the podcasts section looks like? Just attach the image to your next response to us. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. 

We'll look out for your reply.

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson
Highlighted

Music Fan

Tried a clean reinstall etc to no avail. Still no podcasts on my account and still can't search for them as they come up with no results etc.. Almost like they gone off Spotify altogether... 

Screenshot_20200315-134619_Spotify.jpg
Highlighted

Music Fan

Also as you can see, pure trance radio is a weekly podcast from DJ Solarstone and no podcast option other than his playlist is there.. Same with all my other trance podcasts... 

Screenshot_20200315-135330_Spotify.jpg
Highlighted

Casual Listener
I tried the uninstall/restart method....it didn’t work. All my podcasts are gone. I expect better as a premium subscriber.
Highlighted

Music Fan

Me too. I'm glad I'm not the only one so it must be on there end where problem lies... Hopefully it will get sorted or I'm off.... No more premium subscription off me.. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Exactly the same for me. All the podcasts I followed + episodes I saved are gone. 

SUGGESTED POSTS