Premium

Country

UK 

Device

Samsung galaxy s20 plus 

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue

Has anyone's podcasts just completely dissappeard and i cant search for them either?? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We just wanted to follow-up on and confirm the response from our Creator Support team which some of you might have already received after enquiring about why your podcast has been taken down. We're copying it below for clarity:

Spotify for Podcasters isn't intended to be used as a music distribution tool, regardless of the licensing state of your music. In an effort to enable all creative artists the opportunity to live off their art, creators who wish to share their music on Spotify should use a music distributor. We recommend using one of our preferred providers. Check out Spotify for Artists to get started.

If you're a podcast creator and are experiencing an issue with your podcast on Spotify, make sure to head over to Spotify for Podcasters.

If you listen to a podcast and are experiencing an issue with it, make sure to search the Help and Music Chat sections for relevant threads. If you can't find an answer there, then feel free to start a new thread in the Content Questions board.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

25 Replies

All of my podcasts have disappeared.

I envy you, I came here wondering why my home page now has a HUGE podcast "button" taking up half my screen until I scroll down. I almost never listen to podcasts and I DON'T want them. I hope your problem gets helped but I'm hoping I also can learn how to turn off the podcast button when you do get an answer as a side effect.

I'm having the same problem!! Terrible!!

Lost all the good music!

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

Do you mind sending us a screenshot showing how the podcasts section looks like? Just attach the image to your next response to us. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. 

We'll look out for your reply.

Tried a clean reinstall etc to no avail. Still no podcasts on my account and still can't search for them as they come up with no results etc.. Almost like they gone off Spotify altogether... 

Screenshot_20200315-134619_Spotify.jpg

Also as you can see, pure trance radio is a weekly podcast from DJ Solarstone and no podcast option other than his playlist is there.. Same with all my other trance podcasts... 

Screenshot_20200315-135330_Spotify.jpg

I tried the uninstall/restart method....it didn’t work. All my podcasts are gone. I expect better as a premium subscriber.

Me too. I'm glad I'm not the only one so it must be on there end where problem lies... Hopefully it will get sorted or I'm off.... No more premium subscription off me.. 

Exactly the same for me. All the podcasts I followed + episodes I saved are gone. 

Same problem, except my very last about week ago subscribed podcast is there.

@Zeetek wrote:

Also as you can see, pure trance radio is a weekly podcast from DJ Solarstone and no podcast option other than his playlist is there.. Same with all my other trance podcasts... 

Same with 1001Tracklist's Exclusive Mix and Madison Mars' House of Mars. I think what might be common for a lot of the podcasts that have disappeared is that they were podcasts featuring music.

And still no answer from Spotify. I also hate that if you try to discover new podcasts through the "Music" section, you are only suggested whatever shitty music people hear in your area, instead of dividing it by genres and tailoring to your music tastes.

Why aren't we getting any answers from Spotify on this matter... Seems music related podcasts especially trance have completely gone but no explanation as to why.. Surely someone at Spotify can clarify as to why....?? 

Same problem happening for my podcast to. It was my DJ sets as episodes were on spotify for a long while and suddenly it dissappeared.  And answer from spotify. If this is how they treat paying customers, I will definitely reconsider continueing

We need an answer NOW!

I got this reply just now from Spotify. Suddenly they decided to do this after so long allowing music podcasts on their platform.  very dissappointing

Hey there, 

Thanks for reaching out to us! 

We have removed your podcast from Spotify for Podcasters. Spotify for Podcasters isn't intended to be used as a music distribution tool, regardless of the licensing state of your music. 

In an effort to enable all creative artists the opportunity to live off their art, creators who wish to share their music on Spotify should use a music distributor.

We recommend using one of our preferred providers. Check out Spotify for Artists to get started.

We hope this clears things up. 

All the best,
Justin

Many thanks for this. They have taken there time answering this so why now an not when I originally asked about this.... 

Where is pure trance radio and all the other music podcasts I subscribed to. Every single podcast whoch I saved and downloaded are gone. I used data to download them and Spotify just took them away. Whats the point in paying for Spotify when they just take away what you listen to the most and with no communication either. I have seen others complain about this too so its not just me. Why take something away from premium customers who pay for the service. I'll be moving to DI.fm and pay a subscription to them if this doesn't get sorted. This has made me change my mind about Spotify. I always recommend Spotify to people and let them use my app and try it out. Not anymore. Not after taking all the epic music podcasts down. This sucks! 

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We just wanted to follow-up on and confirm the response from our Creator Support team which some of you might have already received after enquiring about why your podcast has been taken down. We're copying it below for clarity:

Spotify for Podcasters isn't intended to be used as a music distribution tool, regardless of the licensing state of your music. In an effort to enable all creative artists the opportunity to live off their art, creators who wish to share their music on Spotify should use a music distributor. We recommend using one of our preferred providers. Check out Spotify for Artists to get started.

If you're a podcast creator and are experiencing an issue with your podcast on Spotify, make sure to head over to Spotify for Podcasters.

If you listen to a podcast and are experiencing an issue with it, make sure to search the Help and Music Chat sections for relevant threads. If you can't find an answer there, then feel free to start a new thread in the Content Questions board.

Cheers!

I think we might have been misunderstood. We im this forum are not creators as far as I know. We are listeners. I'm not talking about 3rd grade podcasts here I'm talking about the podcast shows of one of the biggest house labels in the USA. Their show simply dissapeared and their response is that they cannot use Spotify for podcasts. I was thrilled with this option that lasted around 2 months.

Suggested posts