Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"you appear to be logging in to spotify from a different country "

Solved!

"you appear to be logging in to spotify from a different country "

Delighted Spotify is now available in Guatemala. But I can't get it to work my friends' mobiles. I keep getting the "you appear to be signing in from a different country" error and I can go no further. Maybe it's because I downloaded Spotify in the USA for them. But I uninstall, cleared the cache, deleted files, reinstalled. But no luck. Any ideas? Frustrated!
27 Replies

Thanks. It works

Hello, I recently moved to zambia from the UK and I'm trying to access my account but it always comes up with the same message. I have tried changing my profile to zambia but the only option on the drop down menu is "United kingdom"! My IP address seems to be fine and detects that I am in Zambia so what is the problem??? I would really like some help with this one.....

If you are a premium subscriber paying with a UK based card, you don't need to do anything - spotify is available to you anywhere. If you are a free user, you would normally change your country to the one you are in after 14 days. Unfortunately spotify isn't available in Zambia so the only way you can listen there is with a premium subscription and payment method based on a country where spotify is available.

install finch vpn on yo device run it using usa it shud work
Good luck

I'm based in the UK and have my Spotfy profile set to the UK and have a UK IP address - but somehow I'm logged into Danish spotify (Danish language commentary/ads).  I've never been to Denmark. I use the free Spotfy.  I've looked at all the replies here and contacted spotify - the automated response told me to solve my problem looking at the FAQ on their help and community pages and twitter feed - fat help.  Many thanks

You received an automated email. If you reply to it, you should hear back from one of the support guys soon.

Thanks Joe - the help team responded shortly - still trying to figure out issue - will respond when clarified

Great - hope they get it sorted for you 🙂

Suggested posts