Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

random Songs play but no sound and wont continue. I HAVE CHECKED VOLUME

random Songs play but no sound and wont continue. I HAVE CHECKED VOLUME

I´m premium user

How do I fix the songs?
And why does my playlist undownload?

I have Downloaded the songs  and Random  songs plays but no sound. I cant fastforward or back in the songs, they just reset to 0.00 and keep playing until its done, After the song is done it dont go to the next song,

First it was ONLY red hot chili peppers albums but not the latest album.
But FOR SOME FRUSTRATING reason SPOTIFY made all my 1200 songs undownloaded. (this happens from time to time and it REALLY PISSES ME OFF) because I need to use up all my internet for that month(s) to get them back downloaded

So I downloaded them all again. BUT now ALOT,like 50% of the songs  play but no sound , and wont continue to play after the song ended it just stop at song end (3.12 etc)

So I manualy need to skip to the next song and that song maybe just plays fine but then the next song after might have the same problem.

If I go online the song plays just fine, but as soon as I go back to offline SAME PROBLEM.
Its not every song JUST RANDOM songs, Some songs work on a album and others dont

And if someone suggest to check my volume I will highfive that person in the face. I´m very angry that I actauly pay for this.

I have a samsung S2. And have spotify premium via telia  (sweden) phone not bound to telia. 

12 Replies

Hi. Could you try a clean reinstall and see if things get any better. If you follow all the steps in this post, we can be sure there were no traces of previous spotify/spotify music left.

Did you ever hear back on this I live in the US and use it on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 - I see this happen consistently with certain songs and while listening to a playlist certain songs play with no sound next song plays fine...very aggravating - I was wondering if it was a licensing thing at first but now I think it is a glitch.

I am running into the same problem.

Several songs from the album "Radiodread" by Easy Star All Stars appear to be downloaded, show the correct length of the song and appar to play through them, but no sound plays.

This was hapening on my old phone, and I thought it might have been a corrupt download for those particular songs, BUT -- I just got a brand new phone, installed Spotify from the Play store, and downloaded all my offline music freshly.  This was just a couple days ago.  And the songs still "play" dead air, and also do not automaticaly continue to the next song once finished.

Any ideas?

Does media and songs play OK using the stock music player?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Do you mean does Spotify content play through the stock player?  I don't know how to do that....

MP3s I have put on the phone do play using the stock player.

sorry, yea I meant normal mp3's

Is it just those tracks that you have trouble playing? If so can you send support a note using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Android Troubleshooting:

Done.  Thanks Daniel.

Great thanks. Probably some issue at the server side, thanks for letting them know. Hopefully it can get fixed so you can listen normally again.

Android Troubleshooting:

I have been having this same issue.  I have random songs and some whole albums that "play" (as in the progress bar moves) but there is no audio output.  I will try a re-install (again) but it hasn't helped in the past.

I worked with Spotify support and finally came to a resolution on the issue.  For me, here was the crux of the problem:

Apparently, when syncing to an offline device (like an Android phone), Spotify will try to use existing local files on the computer you are syncing with before it tries to download files from the Spotify catalog.

For the one album I was having problems with, it turns out I had ripped the CD at some point into my iTunes, so there were local files available on my computer already for those songs.  And apparently, there was something wrong wth those files, even though they played in iTunes.  Something about them wasn't working for Spotify.  

Now, I don't use iTunes all that much, so I just deleted the album from my iTunes (including deleting the physical files).  Then I uninstalled and re-installed Spotify on my Android device (to clear out the bad files), and then re-synced and re-downloaded the album.  Since there were no longer any local files available, Spotify downloaded them from the Spotify catalog, and now they all play normally.

If this is your stuation (that the songs that won't play offline on Spotify exist somewhere else locally on the computer you sync with), and you do not want to delete the files from your computer, there is another potential solution I have thought of, but have not tested:

If you go to your Spotify preferences on the Spotify desktop app on your computer, there is a section for Local Files, where it says "Show tracks from these sources".  Potentially, if you uncheck the source there where you have the local files for the tracks that won't play, maybe Spotify will ignore that location when checking to see if local files are available, and you can force it to download from the Spotify catalog.  That's just a guess, though, as I said, I have not tested that.  What worked for me was to delete the files from my computer.

I solved the prob on my tab3 (android) I had the the streaming quality set to extreme...... I changed it back to normal.... and now tracks play properly, with sound and the next track continues as normal!   

I think it could be a bandwidth problem ...btw I'm using Spotify free on wifi. Hope this helps.

cheers...Rfur.

edit: just changed the streaming quality to High..the middle setting.....still all good

To: AdamBjork, 

Did you ever get your problem sorted? Just asking like?

cheers, Rfur....(not a made up name... honest!)

Suggested posts