Premium Family

Country

Germany

Device

Xiaomi Mi 9T pro (and other)

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Instead of the PLAY button I have only the SHUFFLE button in albums and playlists.
And YES: I deactivated shuffle play!.
I made a clean reinstall and German support gave me a testaccount where erverthing worked fine. Moved back to my account again only the shuffle button.
When I select the first song in the playlist the albun/playlist is played in correct order, but in album view I have only the big anoying shuffle button so I can not pause / play in this view.  WebApp in Chromebrower at windows ist working, test account is working.
German support ends with: It's an old view (what did this mean???) and I shoul reinstall from while to while...
Not helpful. Any ideas here?

Attached my ccount and testaccount view. same device and same app

6 Replies

seems the attachments are missing in 1 post

spot3.jpg
spot2.jpg

Hi there @zottel111,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

If you have a Premium account you should be able to click any song in a given playlist/album and that should start the playlist from there. If you have AutoPlay enabled songs should play one after the other. Seeing the big Shuffle Play button is not a bug. It will appear on all albums and Spotify created playlists. If you select a playlist like Daily Mix 1, you'll see a Play button on top. This is just a design feature.

Let us know if you're having trouble playing albums even when you click a song somewhere in the album.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I never have the play button with my premium account. Only with your test account

Screenshot_2021-01-31-16-21-09-470_com.spotify.music.jpg

Hey @zottel111,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you send us a screenshot of how your app looks like when you open up a Daily Mix playlist when you're logged in with your account?

Also, let us know if you can play songs on demand and if songs play automatically one after the other if you click on the first track in a playlist.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex. I appreciate your help, but I described everything you want to know in my first post and all 3 screenshots are made when I was logged in. The last screenshot with the daily mix 1 is in my last post, logged in with my premium account.
the 2 sting screenshots: one with my account the other with a spotify provided test account. same device, both premium, same album. only the test account shows me the play button. my account always shuffle button. how can this not be a bug??? 

Hi there @zottel111

Thanks for letting us know that. 

We’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see something on the app that other users don't or vice-versa.

That's why you're seeing the green button different in the test account than in your own account. 

We really value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, and we'll be sure to pass this on to the right folks here at Spotify.

Lastly, keep in mind that you can select the song you want to listen to in a playlist or album and the following songs should be played in order. 

If you need anything else, just let us know!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts