Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

sound problem spotify for android htc beatsaudio

sound problem spotify for android htc beatsaudio

No sound is produced when trying to play songs, offline and online, local and not, in my android app. Tried to update and reinstall, still not working. Android music app works fine. What up?
15 Replies

It works fine for me, Spotify working good with the Beats audio system on the HTC One X. Except it frequently makes crackling/interference noises. However, once I turn the Beats Audio enhancements off, it plays fine. There is a software (and not hardware) problem with the Beats Audio program, a real shame given it's capabilities. To deactivate Beats audio, start playing music and drag the fold out menu from the top and untick the box. Does that help at all?

If you do have the One X then check for an OTA update:

http://androidandme.com/2012/04/smartphones-2/htc-one-x-receives-first-ota-update-with-battery-and-p...

According to a post on XDA this resolves the Beats audio skipping issue:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1579818

Just downloading mine now. A friend next to me who got his phone several days later is not getting it yet so if you don't see it be patient as HTC are probably rolling it out by phone batch

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I have the exact same problem and i have an HTC One x whit beatsaudio and can't get any sound from headset or the speaker in the phone and all is updated?

Have you restarted your phone?
----------------

yes several times, makes no differens

Check out PerBonomi's sticky thread at the top of this forum fir trouble shooting tips and see if that helps
----------------

yeah i have a droid my touch for t mobile and im having the same problem no sound at all i udated it uninstalled it tryed everything and no luck

I am having the same issues.  Downgraded to the old app.  Please fix!

how do you downgrade to de erlier version on android?

Description

Sound on songs randomly stopped playing but were still shown to play. If I paused the song and then played it again, it would start at the beginning. Now most songs don't have sound but continue to play. After several uninstall, reboot, install processes, one or two songs might actually have sound but the moment I skip to another song, that previous song will not have sound again. I just played a song by my own band, it started to play then the sound cut out a few seconds in while the display continues to show it is playing. When there is sound, the Beats Audio icon shows, but when no sound then there is no Beats Audio icon. When song display gets to the end of song, then it just stops instead of moving onto the next song in album or playlist.

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

1. Opened Spotify

2. Chose playlist/artist/song

3. Song always play, sound does not always happen or cuts out

4. When there is sound, Beats Audio icon shows - when no sound, no Beats Audio icon

What I expected to happen

I expect to hear sound. 

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes, No

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes

Your device

HTC One

Device’s Operating System

What type of account do you have?

Premium

Space left on your device

23.48 GB

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)

... GB

Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)

NA

Is your device rooted?

If you don’t know what this means you can probably answer “No” (And skip the next question)

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

If you don’t know what this means you can probably answer “No”

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

No

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

No

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

No

If you said "No", when does the issue not occur?

When using 2G, 3G, 4G

My mobile Spotify version

0.7.4.606.gd2ce8b10

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

NA

My mobile provider and country

Sprint United States

My username

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

No

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

Facebook login

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

No

Sorry if I missed it but is this happening when you stream over wifi or when you are playing downloaded music?

Streaming.

So basically streaming over wifi doesn't work as it should bt streaming over 3G/4G is fine. In that case, it sounds like an internet connectivity issue rather than a problem with spotify. Are you connecting to your home router and is there any way you could try over a different wifi network?

Sorry, let me clarify - it works when streaming over wifi but has problems when streaming over 3G/4G.

Thanks. There have been a few recent reports of this in this thread. I'll try to get some more information to help with troubleshooting.

Suggested posts