Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify has stopped.

Solved!

spotify has stopped.

Hello everyone ! I have an issue since à week. Spotify crashes randomly on my phone with no apparent reason.

My phone : Rooted Galaxy note 3

I used foldermount to sync on my sd card

It worked fine until Last week and now spotify Just crashes randomly. I have to restart my phone to make it Work again. The thing is, when i restart my note 3, it's like spotify didn't "save" any changes and i have to sync again all the songs that i added from the first time it crashed. And all m'y deleted playlists (even not sync) are here again.

Thank you for your help !
50 Replies

Great.

Please let me know if this resolves your problem. I'd be interested to know if it finally works!

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Sure ! I can say that, now spotify is cleanfully installed ! Do you think foldermount could have caused the mess ?

I'll tell you tomorrow if it still crashes or not.

Anyway Thank you for your support !

Cheers 🙂

It's possible, I don't use it myself so don't fully understand how it works. I think I recall someone a few months ago having similar issues now you come to mention it.

Let's see if FolderMount could have caused the issue. As mentioned, let me know if it's OK after a couple of days.

Android Troubleshooting:

Sorry dude. Crashed again 😞

I think my sd card might have a problem. Before the crash i had 26 go of free space on it. After the crash > reboot and then. Only 17go of free space. All the stuff i managed to delet before thé clean install, back here.

What rom are you running? Can you confirm if you format the SD card in your phone then only a few standard folders remain on the card. If you then reboot your phone, so you get additional folders back?

I think something is linked to a cache partition.

Can you try a clean install again. But after removal of Spotify boot into recovery and format your dalvik (cache) partition? Reboot the system (it'll do the 'Android is upgrading thing'). Now install spotify back on.

Android Troubleshooting:

Im using the latest version of "X note". I cant format from my phone. It does nothing. It loads and when it finishes, same amount of space used on the sd card.

When i delet manually the folders on my sd card (using the explorer) it works but for not for long and when spotify crashes, I reboot and then > sd card is full again. (I hope it's clear)

I'll try what you've said.

Are you using twrp? You could try formatting your SD card from recovery.

Reboot to recovery and choose wipe. Select advanced and then micro SD card.

It may work through recovery as the system shouldn't be locking anything.

Sorry, i know I keep asking you to try stuff. Just baffled by this one.

Android Troubleshooting:

Well ... I wiped dalvik > still unable to format (17.81 go of free space on 29 go of capacity)

I format from recovery menu > still 17.81 go of free space.

I dont mind testing stuff i want to fix this once and for all ! Haha

And i do my best with my english, i'm french and i don't know if all i say is clear to you. 🙂

I really think i'll but a New sd card

Your English is better than my french!

This really is an odd one. I'd be tempted to run a factory reset on your note; advance wipe all partitions then push the rom in recovery and reinstall from scratch. But this is a big job.

It always seems to be Samsung devices doing strange things with the SD card. I need to try and procure a Samsung as a test device.

Android Troubleshooting:

I've read somewhere that Samsung doesnt allow applications to write on the sd card anymore. That's why i used foldermount the first time. And it worked pefectly until last week.

I'll check for framework updates for my rom but i'm pretty sure that everything is updated to the latest version.

Anyway if you understand me, that's it. We're gonna solde this mystery

I've read somewhere that Samsung doesnt allow applications to write on the sd card anymore. That's why i used foldermount the first time. And it worked pefectly until last week.

I'll check for framework updates for my rom but i'm pretty sure that everything is updated to the latest version.

Anyway if you understand me, that's it. We're gonna solve this mystery

I understand you perfectly. It's this situation I don't understand.

Might be worth posting in the rom thread to see if anyone else had experienced this type of issue.

Android Troubleshooting:

This issue is Linked with the syncronization. I used spotify today, I listened to playlists that i didn't sync offline and not a single crash. It reduces the field of possibilities then ^^

Something is Wrong with my sd i Will try to sync on another sd card to see if i still get those crashes.

Ok. Keep going and please let me know how you get on.

Android Troubleshooting:

Hi Daniel
A little update. I removed my sd card tout sync offline on my phone memory. All went well 🙂 no problem. Si here's my theory :

I tried to format my sd using "sd formater" and this soft told me that the sd was "write protected" so nothing could be added or removed from it. Then I thought about my spotify problem. When i tried to sync offline a playlist it went well until a certain time. I had 17go of used space on my card, right ? I told y ou that i saw that used space decrease (i dont know how) when i was syncing. I think that it's gong well on thé syncronization until i reach the 17go and Then crash because i am supposed not to be able to write on the card due to the "write protection"

What do you think ?
And how am i able to format my micro sd ? I've tried everything to unlock it. The lock switch on the adapter, the "read only" unchecking, the manually erasing but none Worked. Am i obliged to buy à New card ?

Sorry for typo's problem : french auto correct

Ha, no worries. I get what you were saying. What SD card do you have? This does certainly sound like its all an issue with your card.

Android Troubleshooting:

It is a San disk micro sdhc 32gb

Suggested posts