Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify stuck in free mode

spotify stuck in free mode

For the past few months I've had spotify on my pc and my phone without premium i was able to listen to any song in my playlists if i had network connection (both on my phone and pc). A few days ago I had to switch PCs and now the spotify app on my phone seems to be stuck in this free or trial mode (?) on the right side of the nav bar there is a button to get premium and now i cant choose any songs from my playlists. I guess this is some sort of free or trial mode, but I didnt have it before even though I still had a free account. Why is this happening?

EDIT: I've also never activated the premium trial on my phone. I've had the app for about 5-6 months on my phone and pc without problems like this.

3 Replies

Hey @marincho, welcome to the community and thanks for your question! While I can't say for certain why the app on your previous phone was allowing you to play any song on demand, I can tell you that the normal behavior is as you're describing now. On a free account, you can listen to any song on demand from your PC with ads, but on the phone only certain playlists are available to listen to without shuffling. Please check out this page for more details on the differences between free and premium accounts, and let me know if any other questions!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

i know that what i have now is the free mode of the app. im just curious as to why before the mobile app behaved like the one on pc. i could listen while connected and there were ads. anyway im just gonna buy premium, i just wanted to find out why the app behaved like that

Yeah, I wish I could give a concrete answer as yours isn't the first case I've seen of something like that happening, although it seems to be very rare, and it's entirely possible the Spotify team was simply testing something out. Sorry I can't fully answer the reasoning, but glad to hear you're planning on upgrading to Premium and hope you enjoy your listening!
dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts