Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

trouble with continuous listening to songs

trouble with continuous listening to songs

I just updated my sportify app on my sony xperia z2, but for some reason, my music won't go to the next song when the song i started with ended. This happens only (I think) with songs that aren't from spotify. If i want to go to the next song i have to do it manualy, but thats kinda annoying. I tried restarting my phone but that didnt work. I have no clue what the cause is of this problem, but before the update i had no problems with the app.

sorry for my bad english writing, but i hope you understand my problem 😛

39 Replies

Chiming in. I used to have an issue where the synced local files would play and then Spotify would stop completely, and I'd have to open it up again and manually play the next song in the queue. Now, my synced files appear as if they're still playing once the song is over. Not paused, not stopped, still other songs in the queue, and it just stays that way until I either press pause, manually start the song from the beginning, or manually skip to the next song. I think I've tried almost everything, installing and reinstalling, clearing the data and cache, I can't seem to download an older version of Spotify for whatever reason. Pretty frustrating, and I hope this issue gets fixed in the next update.

Thank you for the solution! Maybe it isn't the definitive one, but until now the best one! 

Daniel, I downloaded the apk but it won't install. It asks me if I want to update it, I press install, and then it says "X - the app did not install."

Which version of Android do you have?

@Shmolo wrote:
Daniel, I downloaded the apk but it won't install. It asks me if I want to update it, I press install, and then it says "X - the app did not install."

Make sure to uninstall forst as it could be conflicting with the pre-existing app certaificate.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I don't know if this is related or not but when I'm listening it will jump to the next song before it finishes.

On my HTC One, I have downloaded probably 50 of my local file songs onto my playlist in spotify, although, everytime they play on my phone, the music stops at the end of the song and doesn't advance to the next song in the que. I have unistalled spoify from my phone, reinstalled it, undownloaded the playlist then redownloaded it, updated it on my laptop, and the problem is still present. I would have thought it was a certain song, but it appears to be an issue with most of my locally filed song.

I really hope someone can give me some insight, I am having a really tough time having to advance down the que everytime a local song finshes..

Unfortunately, this seems to have become a common problem, but the Spotify team is looking into it. You should be able to resume the playlist by pushing the play button or skipping to the next track manually. @Daniel has also posted a link to an older version if you want to give it a try until it's been fixed in a future update. His link is on the previous page of this thread. Thanks for reporting this issue.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yesterday I attempted to install the older version and then I also received a new update via the play store. The original [roblem persists despite these. How long will it take to get a new update "in the future" doesnt seems like an adequate response. I'm not going to pay for something that doesn't work so" the future" had better get here pretty quickly. Otherwise I'm off to Google

Yeah the same thing happened to me. I ve signed up for Google Play... the interface is not as good as Spotify but at this point I don't even care... basically if Spotify doesn't get sorted by the time my free trial with Google ends, then I'll just switch over permanently.

Hola Spotify Forums

I have the same problem, after what I assume to be a recent update. Spotify on Android won't skip to the next track after playing a local file. 

Specs: Running Spotify 2.2.0.636 on Android 4.4.4 on a Moto G. Tried clearing cache and a fresh install -- no luck though, **bleep**'s broken.

Please halp

@dopamine_cloud wrote:

Hola Spotify Forums

I have the same problem, after what I assume to be a recent update. Spotify on Android won't skip to the next track after playing a local file. 

Specs: Running Spotify 2.2.0.636 on Android 4.4.4 on a Moto G. Tried clearing cache and a fresh install -- no luck though, **bleep**'s broken.

Please halp

If you have a quick search of the forum there are a lot of reports of this since the last updsate. My recommendation is grab the previous apk and install this manually. 

Remember to disable automatic updates on the Play Store else you may find yourself back on this buggy version.

You can find a link to the previous version via my signature.

Android Troubleshooting:

Aye, yeah, saw that. Just wanted to make some noise about the issue -- put some pressure on the devs and all that.

I'll stick to Spotify Desktop for now though.

I have never experienced a buggy app before, I'm just lucky i suppose. How long is a proper soluntion to this problem likely to take? Days, weeks, months?

Haven anyone reported that to the support? What did they reply? I'm troubleshooting things with them via Twitter but have no clue, and it's like they hear about that for the first time...

Just giving this a bump, still having problems especially today.

@cooldude32 wrote:
Just giving this a bump, still having problems especially today.

A lot of reports show this has been fixed in the latest version (2.3.0). If you have not already got this update please force an update through the Play Store.

Android Troubleshooting:

I have the latest version and I still have the same problem.

I have this problem. Just installed Spotify today so it's the latest software. I left it alone for over 5 mins and a song played once, other times it never played. If I power up the screen it works fine.

Samsung Galaxy S4.

I had a problem with Spotify pausing after every song, tried everything from related threads, reinstalling, bandwidth change, restart device, login logout etc and this was the only thing that worked, after downloading old apk it's back to normal on my Xperia z5 compact with lollipop. Worked fine on computer.

Suggested posts