Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

unable to login in spotify on android

Solved!

unable to login in spotify on android

Hey guys,

I just installed Spotify mobile on my Samsung Galaxy S2 but I am not able to login! I always get the error: "invalid username/password.

I tried to connect with my mail adress and my username (the 10 digits) but it doesn't work out. Password is 100% correct.

I am in China at the moment is maybe that the problem?

Thanks for your replies 🙂

Cheers!

Alex

118 Replies

This just worked for me on my new S7, i had the same problem trying to log in with the app , so here we go !  open internet browser and go to spotify website , when the page opens ,click the top right menu icon , then click the log in option ,( in my case ,I log in with my email address not with facebook ) .If this works and you was able to log into your account , you should be on your account Overview page . scroll down until you see " SET A PASSWORD FOR YOUR DEVICES " ..when you open the next page you'll be able to see the a set of numbers for your device, then send it to your e-mail , when you open the e=mail, just follow the link below , follow the instructions . in this case this set of numbers worked for me for both the username and password . if this was in any way helpfull to you guys , well ....... you're welcome  !!! and enjoy once again the best music app out there !!!!!!!

HI I am unable to login to my spotify account on the phone. I changed the password and then tried again but i got the same error - the username/ password is incorrect. I am using oneplus phone. what should i do?

Hi, I am having the same problem. Last night I registered for spotify and apply for the 7 trial premium account. Everything works fine and I close the app. This morning I register for 12 months premium account and after I activate the premium membership, I can't login through spotify app anymore, which is really strange because I can perfectly login through the website and the password I key-in is 100% correct. And to make sure of myself, I even reset my password twice to no avail, and reinstalling the app twice which solves nothing. Please advise what should I do now. Hope to hear from you soon.

I am trying to try out the free version before going further. I can log in on my PC, but cannot use the same login on my Android and I can't sign up as the email address is taken (by me of course). Arrrggghhhh

Go here and make a note of your spotify user name then exit that page. Now use the user name and your password to log in on android. Note that, if the username is a 12 digit number, you need to use the facebook log in.

If you still have problems, please post details of your device, the spotify version and what actually happens when you try to log in.

Hello,

I download the spotify app on my android radio in my car. Yesterday it shows me the login button, but today (I re-installed), I can not login. Cause there is no login button. Did anyone have any suggestions? - Tried to re-installed, make new account and logout. But nothing happens. I make a screenshot.

IMG_2287.JPG

Spotify version 8.4.1.846. I have entered the username it's more than 12 digit and entered my new password still can't log in Spotify. No error found just nothing happens.

Cleaning caches and cookies remove your saved passwords. Go to Chrome for
your history and you will be able to get your account settings
Marked as solution

I'm able to login on the website but I can't login in my Android apps.

I've been using Spotify++ on my android since 2 months since today i got automatically log out and when i enter my username and password it says incorrect password or username please retry can you please give me some solution on it . Thank You 

this is the same problem i am having. nothing else is working and i am struggling not being able to not use the app. Ive tried everything and nothing has  worked. ughh

Hey @Varad47 Isn't Spotify++ the app which breaks the restrictions on free users? Kudos for posting on the Spotify site and risking getting banned or worse 🙂

Whenever I attempt to login on my s7 edge it states that i am unable to logic due to invalid credentials. However I can login to the website just fine. What should I do?

If you are or have been using one of the modded versions of the app to get premium features without a subscription, it seems that Spotify is onto you. If this isn't the case, get in touch with them here.

He yo! 

I reinstalled my Spotify for a reason and somehow I can't seem to log in again but I am able to log in my PC but not on the phone. Please help I am desperate to listen to my jams. 

Please reply or send me an email: @*snip*

Ive been having log in issues with spotify for weeks now.I am able to log in with my computer but not with my cell phone. I have tried clearing the data and doing a clean reinstall, reset m password, made sure i used my user name instead of email. Ive read over these forums for what feels like a countless amount of times and am really frustrated. Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be?

Hey there  Im having the problem, my credentials log in online but when i try to log in on my android device, it is just saying loging in.... then it doesn't open up 

Help please 🙏

Does anyone know the solution to this?

I tried everything from clearing my cache, reseting pw, reinstalling pw. Nothing happens. I am still stuck in the login page. This happens to me when I switch to S9. I used to use Xperia. My spotify account works fine on my laptop and other PC.

I have a separate account and not my FB account because I dont want other people stalking even my playlist.

Thanks!

I also need that email.. please help

Suggested posts