Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

unable to login in spotify on android

Solved!

unable to login in spotify on android

Hey guys,

I just installed Spotify mobile on my Samsung Galaxy S2 but I am not able to login! I always get the error: "invalid username/password.

I tried to connect with my mail adress and my username (the 10 digits) but it doesn't work out. Password is 100% correct.

I am in China at the moment is maybe that the problem?

Thanks for your replies 🙂

Cheers!

Alex

118 Replies

so unfortunately I have the same problem

I want to log in to spotify with my xperia Go (android 4.0.4.) and it's not working

the first log in screen gives me the opportunity, to log in with spotify-username (the digit thing) or with fb. Either way seams to work, as it's processing and then I can have a small look at my playlists, but then, there's a new log in screen popping up, this time I've been given just the opportunity to log in with the spotify username and passwort. They're correct, I know that, cause when using a false one, there's a different error.

When I'm connecting with the right userinformation the app says, "error with connecting your accounts, please try again later" (roughly translated, cause it says that in German)

this problem just popped up yesterday night, before that, everything was perfect!

I have the exact same problem as toxoplasmoese

Just happened last night as well. Everything worked previously.

Device: GalaxyS3

Android: 4.0.4 stock

Tried the whole troubleshooting porocess, but nothing helps.

Added four screenshots:

Screenshot1: first screen when app is started. Click "log in here"

Screenshot1.png

Screenshot2: login screen: Click "Login with Facebook"

Screenshot2.png

Then is shifts to facebook shortly and logs in correctly.

Screenshot3: I see this screen for about 1 sec, before next screen pops up.

Screenshot3.png

Screenshot4: Screen after I've been logged out. There is no time to interact with the app before this screen pops up

Screenshot4.png

What to do?

Yes that is EXACTLY my problem.  Help - this is the reason i bought premium, to listen on my phone this weekend and i can't!

Hi everyone  - In order to investigate this issue we'll need to do some basic troubleshooting first. 

Have you all tried temporarily changing your Facebook password? Once that's been updated trying logging in the app with your FB email and new password. 

Cheers--thanks for those screenshots @peterplex

Hey peterplex,

I tried a bit more and it might be, I have a solution: in the first of the screens, don't log in, but say try free. If you do that, you come to your normal screen. You're now logged in as if you're having the trial version. But a few minutes after that, the app recognizes you as you and it seems to work (I'm now downloading my playlists

toxoplasmoese that didn't work for me.

Basic troubleshooting:

close all apps

changed my facebook password on computer

open facebook app, login with new password

open spotify

repeat all 4 steps from my previous post

no help

Here's the wierd part: I had spotify running on my PC - wich obliously logged me out after I changed my password. Now I have the same problem on my PC: when I log in, this screen pops up (similar to that on my phone)

Screenshot1_PC.png

Now, if I close the window, the client closes. However, if I click login to proceed, I get this:

Screenshot2_PC.png

And here I can't log-in, because I have only Facebook login. However (!!) if I close that window, the client stays open....

I still haven't managed to get it to work on my phone, which is the original problem....

So basically, what I need to do on my phone, is to close this window:

Screenshot4.png

But, since it's no PC, that is only possible through using the "back" button, which then logs me out.

A solution would be, if that window didn't auto-pop-up... if that makes any sense...

Hello, I'm having the same problem since yesterday and it's driving me crazy. I have Spotify Premium.

This worked for me too. Don't ask me why, but it did.

Are you using the stock keyboard app? Some third party apps tend to add spaces where you don't want them, i.e. in password fields.

Community Ergo Sum

I have no idea what you mean by this 🙂

@Audrey wrote:

I have no idea what you mean by this 🙂

My apologies for geeking out on you 🙂

Are you using the default keyboard on your Android device? Many people install things like Swiftkey, because they don't like the standard Android keyboard.

Community Ergo Sum

Haha thanks 🙂

To my knowledge, I never changed the keyboard on my phone (and never installed Swiftkey).

No, no 3rd party keyboard apps.

And like I wrote earlier, it is not a problem signing in - the problem is, that we get logged out after 1 sec automatically... or rather; a window pops up like this:

Screenshot4.png

and when we press the "back" button we are logged out again.

Thanks for looking into this; it seems many people are reporting this exact issue...

Have exactly the same problem since yesterday.

S. Galaxy Note

Stock 4.0.4

Here's a hail Mary: have you tried removing the Facebook app, clearing its data and then reinstalling it?

A second option is to also make sure you clear any cached stuff from your Android's browser.

Community Ergo Sum

Hail Mary challenge accepted.

Cleared browser cashe.

Uninstalled facebook.

Uninstalled spotify.

Connect to computer - delete all Facebook and Spotify data (from this folder; GT-I9300\Phone\Android\data)

Reinstalled Facebook from "Play Shop".

Logged in to Facebook.

Reinstalled Spotify from "Play Shop".

Try to log in.

Same problem still...

@peterplex wrote:

Hail Mary challenge accepted.

Cleared browser cashe.

Uninstalled facebook.

Uninstalled spotify.

Connect to computer - delete all Facebook and Spotify data (from this folder; GT-I9300\Phone\Android\data)

Reinstalled Facebook from "Play Shop".

Logged in to Facebook.

Reinstalled Spotify from "Play Shop".

Try to log in.

Same problem still...

Hmm, not so legen..dary.

Any special characters or spaces in your password?

PS Does this happen on both WiFi and on mobile data connection?

PPS You mean you deleted the entire com.spotify.mobile.android.ui folder?

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts