Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

unable to login in spotify on android

Solved!

unable to login in spotify on android

Hey guys,

I just installed Spotify mobile on my Samsung Galaxy S2 but I am not able to login! I always get the error: "invalid username/password.

I tried to connect with my mail adress and my username (the 10 digits) but it doesn't work out. Password is 100% correct.

I am in China at the moment is maybe that the problem?

Thanks for your replies 🙂

Cheers!

Alex

118 Replies

Very simple password of this type:

abcd1234

with other letters and numbers obviously.

Happens both on wifi and through 3G network.

Also: I don't see how this should be a problem with the password and logging in; I can log in alright and see my playlists, it just logs me off immidiately afterwards when the pop-up window appears, like I wrote here:

No, no 3rd party keyboard apps.

And like I wrote earlier, it is not a problem signing in - the problem is, that we get logged out after 1 sec automatically... or rather; a window pops up like this:

Screenshot4.png

and when we press the "back" button we are logged out again.

Thanks for looking into this; it seems many people are reporting this exact issue...

Regards, Peter

@ peterplex and per: also still having the same problems. Also tried all options mentioned 😞

Thanks Peterplex for doing all you are doing and the screenshots and ascertaining that actually it is the pop up window that is the problem. (ie logging in initially is fine).  I haven't tried changing facebook password as i don't want what happened to peterplex and be unable to log in on pc also.  I too have standard keyboard, and also "try for free" doesn't work either .  I have also tried on my son's phone (also an HTC) and same problem.  I really hope Per you can sort this out and get rid of this pop up window.

peterplex, I just pressed a random button in our backend system. Could you please try logging in again?

Community Ergo Sum

Still the same...

OK. And you rebooted your phone recently?

Last thing I can think of before kicking this upstairs.

Community Ergo Sum

same here; no change; still can't keep logged in. 

By the way  I always log  ln "with facebook"  (even to login to this forum) as i can't log in with spotify details as i forgot  my password.  I did try to reset spotify password yesterday but never got the email link promised.  Don't think this is related but just thought i'd clarify the fact that i have this problem and i log in via facebook (which works here on community, on my pc, and on my ipad, just not on my phone.

It's odd that it does this. To me it seems like a glitch in the backend servers that handle the auth requests. Idk. tho.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Yeah, rebooted several times...

edit: when getting other people to look at the issue, please have them read all my posts - they start on page three in this thread. Only then will they get the full picture. Should I make a seperate thread on the matter, since we kind of hijacked this...? 😉

@peterplex wrote:

Yeah, rebooted several times...

edit: when getting other people to look at the issue, please have them read all my posts - they start on page three in this thread. Only then will they get the full picture. Should I make a seperate thread on the matter, since we kind of hijacked this...? 😉

Feels like you're all in the same boat. But thanks for the offer; we should be good to go.

Community Ergo Sum

Well something changed, that switch seems to have done something Per.  I rebooted phone, and logged in again.  Abd i stayed logged in for about 30 seconds (longer than the previous 2 seconds) ...enough time to start playing one song, then "the window" came up again, so had to back button (logout)

Yeah was about to write the same. I was able to get into my playlist. It lasted roughly about 7-10 sec before the pop-up screen made me log out again.

Just a bit more info... I logged in again, this time i had again about  30 seconds before the window came up.  In this 30 seconds i did two things. 

1 - started to download a playlist .  and

2.  started the radio. 

After 30 seconds, the window came up. i did not log out/press the back button. so all i can see is the "window"

But

1.  if i look in my "notification screen" (not sure if correct terminaology but where it tells me what apps running, any new messages etc), the app is still running - ie the playlist is still downloading  .  Also the radio is still playing! 

So i can't do or change anything or know what i am listening to but the app is running

Which reassures that the problem is the pop-up window...

..but it didn't last long.

It only dowloaded 55% of my list before bumming out and the radio stopped!  I'm giving up now until i see "resolved" here!

Marked as solution

@peterplex wrote:

Screenshot4.png

Hey,

Sorry for the delay, I only just saw this - I actually had this very thing happen to myself. Just tap "I'm new to Spotify. Let's go!" - This should log you right in. It didn't seem to create a new account for me. I think since the update to the Android application, something with certain accounts (seemingly ones created through Facebook) would require you to accept something on this screen to continue logging in. I thought it was just me, but if this happening to some other users, we'll start tracking this. 

If you push that button and all your playlists are missing, then let us know - We'll investigate further. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

We've tried that multiple times...

I do apologise - I looked through the thread but couldn't find any reference to selecting that option, must have skimmed over it! I did see a lot of reference to pressing the back button, which indeed would close the app.

However, I've just tried this again, after initally selecting "I'm new to Spotify". I now get the option to accept the terms and conditions after the Facebook logging screen (it's worth pointing out here that I don't have the Facebook application installed on this device, so it opens a browser in app rather than going to the app). After accepting that, it goes into the normal account.
Airhorn Enthusiast

@David: Thanks a lot! That worked for me and my Samsung S3 🙂 

I have been using spotify for a long time without any problems. But now I suddenly have to log in again and choose my facebook account to login with - the next thing that happens is that a photo shows up, whit the text "Discover great music with your friends" and i have to log in again using a spotify account. Why will it not let me login using my facebook account ?

Suggested posts