NEXT STEP

updated spotify and lost all my playlists

updated spotify and lost all my playlists

I recently updated the spotify app for android to version 0.7.9.1170

A couple of days later i lost all my downloaded playlists

help!

9 Replies

Hey Mrrty,

I recommend uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. That should force your playlists to download from the server that should have everything backed up.

Give that a shot...

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Yes!

I have the exact same problem. My Samsung Galaxy S4 went through a software upgrade, after re-installing Spotify on my phone all my Playlists have disappeared. I have logged out, unistalled the app and re-installed it and nothing will work. My playlists are just not there. I am a paying member of Spotify just by the way.

@momo84 I would hazard a guess that you may have logged in with the wrong credentials or even accidentally created a new account.

Do your playlists still show in the desktop client or web player?

What appears under subscription status on your account overview?

What does the account overview show as your username?

In the android spotify settings, at the bottom, does it show you are logged in as a spotify username or a facebook real name?

Hi,

I had the same problem. I installed the new software I can see my playlists but my download offine music has gone 😞

Yeah, as it says in the announcement, "Unfortunately, all playlists will have to be set offline again and re-downloaded in the new version of the Spotify Android app. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes, but hope you understand this is a necessary precaution to safeguard the quality of our service and protect our users."

Hi there,

i have a question for you...

i run Spotify on two different devices 1) LG G2 - 2) iPhone5, obviously the same Playlist.

No problem at all on iPhone after latest announcement, but LG need Spotify to be updated to the new version 😞

Now i ask, if i go straight and update LG Spotify version, will i loose My Playlist on iPhone5?

There is a way to "freeze" My Playlist on iPhone to keep sharing with new Spotify version on Android?

Further, i went to restore playlist link and playlist in there do not match my actual PLaylist, how can i save the one i actually run on my devices?

Thanks in advance for helping

Keep up the good job!

Lou

Your iphone won't be affected. On the android you will need to redownload any offline music though.Actual playlists aren't affected.

I'm so upset. I upgraded to the new version and all of my songs are GONE! Do you know how long it will take to find those songs again? Will it do this EVERY TIME Spotify decides to put out another upgrade??? I would never have upgraded if I had the choice.

Does everything appear normally in the desktop client? If you have lost followers, following and playlists, it sounds like you may have logged in with the wrong credentials. Try logging out and back in making sure to use whichever is correct of you username or facebook credentials.

If you still have this issue, please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

@user-removed wrote:
I'm so upset. I upgraded to the new version and all of my songs are GONE! Do you know how long it will take to find those songs again? Will it do this EVERY TIME Spotify decides to put out another upgrade??? I would never have upgraded if I had the choice.

Suggested posts