Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

using Spotify unlimited on an android device

using Spotify unlimited on an android device

I have a wifi only (no 3g)  android device that i want to use in the home with with spotify and airport connected speakers. Whenever I load spotify  ( I have unlimited) it tells me i need premium.  given the device has the same access & portability as a laptop why is this the case? Thanks

5 Replies

The Spotify application on an Android device is classed as a "Mobile Device". As a result, Spotify Premium is needed to access the Spotify catalogue on this device.
Airhorn Enthusiast

OK. Now, why is Spotify Premium needed to access the Spotify catalogue on a tablet, but not on a laptop? Please.

Because:

@David wrote:
The Spotify application on an Android device is classed as a "Mobile Device". As a result, Spotify Premium is needed to access the Spotify catalogue on this device.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Fine. Great work.

You remind me of a spanish bishop who said, recently: "The immigration problem is related to the arrival of people from other places of the world".  Pfft.

In my eyes there are 2 reasons:

1. Android is a mobile operating system, whereas Windows (and Mac/Linux) which run on laptops are full desktop operating systems. 

2. Laptops (mostly) have ethernet ports, tablets don't.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts