Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

why cant i us my free spotify with comersal on my android phone?

Solved!

why cant i us my free spotify with comersal on my android phone?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@massana wrote:
@licenved - Its Me who has started this thread, and there is no Way my problem could be descripted more
cleared. And yes, i have followed the advice of PerBonomi bit it still doesnt work. Maby you Can ansedd my question: is it posible to har a Free comersal flitigt on my Android, yes or no?

Apologies for that - I was surfing on mobile and it's more difficult to see.

And, sorry - but the answer to your question is no. You need a Premium subscription to use Spotify on mobile. The only exception to this is for the use of Radio in the USA, where it is free

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hello.

The Radio function is currently only available on iOS devices. We're looking to bringing it to other devices in the future.
Airhorn Enthusiast

So now it's "in the future" and not "in the following weeks" as previously stated here?...

http://community.spotify.com/spotify/board/message?board.id=spotifyandroid&message.id=4973#M4973

I always thought the following weeks were in the future...?
Airhorn Enthusiast

Stop with the jokes. If what you said originally is wrong and Radio will not come to the Android app in a matter of weeks then be a man and fess up, say you we're wrong and give us some realistic estimate.

Do you really think that playing these childish games is endearing you or Spotify to your Android users who already feel like 2nd class citizens in the Spotify community?

My malm problem is that i cant get my spotify online what so ever. Is there anything i Can Do?

Raise your own thread with a proper description of your problem instead of posting on another random thread. Also make sure you follow the advice in the sticky thread by PerBonomi at the topped of this forum
----------------

@Steve - you know you're not going to get anyone from Spotify to actually give a specific timeframe ... "the following weeks" could mean anytime in the next year
----------------

@licenved - Its Me who has started this thread, and there is no Way my problem could be descripted more
cleared. And yes, i have followed the advice of PerBonomi bit it still doesnt work. Maby you Can ansedd my question: is it posible to har a Free comersal flitigt on my Android, yes or no?

Sorry, "flitigt" suposed to be "spotify"

@licenced - If they want to remain vague then they should be careful what they say "in the following weeks" does not have the same meaning as "in the following months" or even just saying "in the future". If they don't mean "in the following weeks" they shouldn't have said it, and if they said it in error they should admit it and say they were wrong and that it will take longer. If they don't do this it just looks like they were trying to (maybe they are in fact) placate Android users with empty promises.

Hey, Android update in future... so what. Be happy that you get those updates. Or do you want try a Windows Phone app? No update since release date!!!

But wait, Spotify is do all right in WP thing and do not promote or promise update, they actually do not know about it at all and do not comment at all...

Marked as solution

@massana wrote:

Apologies for that - I was surfing on mobile and it's more difficult to see.

And, sorry - but the answer to your question is no. You need a Premium subscription to use Spotify on mobile. The only exception to this is for the use of Radio in the USA, where it is free

----------------

@SteveBrammer wrote:

@licenced - If they want to remain vague then they should be careful what they sa....

Yeah I know, and I agree with you whole-heartedley ... but I think you are chasing shadows. The forum guys have no say into Spotify policy, and Spotify management - for whatever shortsighted reasons - won't allow proper communication on features or releases. You can kind of understand it for features - every release has to be sprung on the world in order to get that valuable media attention, but for normal stuff it's decidedly odd given Spotify's market

----------------

Suggested posts