Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App crashes instantly

App crashes instantly

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone Xs

Operating System: iOS 13.1.2

Issue: Spotify was working perfectly fine a few hours ago but it suddenly started crashing as soon as I’d open the app. I’ve forced closed the app and reopened only to have the same thing happen. I deleted the app and reinstalled it, nothing. I soft reset my device, same results. I’d like to know why this is happening and how it can be fixed. 

4 Replies

Having the same issue on the webplayer. It seems like its all down right now

I believe it to be a cloud service problem as many other applications are down such as TikTok, Soundcloud, Venmo, Pinterest, and many more. Nothing can be done until this service is restored (I think it's Cloudflare). On further looking it seems to be an issue with facebook. https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/6/21250023/facebook-sdk-login-spotify-tinder-tiktok-ios-iphone-crash

My Spotify and other applications that were crashing upon opening are running now from Central North America, but the outages might depend on where you live and how quickly they get the servers running again.

I found an older post about how to fix the issue and it worked. First, go to Settings » Safari » Clear History and Website Data. Then delete the Spotify app from your device. Next, shut down your device and wait about 30 seconds. Boot up your device and then re-install the Spotify app.

This process worked just now for me. Good luck!

Had the same issue. Restarted my phone and it worked, but now none of my Alexa or Google home devices can play Spotify and they don't show up up device list on the Spotify app anymore. 

Already de-linked and re-linked Spotify in both apps and nothing is working. 

Suggested posts