Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Autoplay for Sequential Podcasts

Autoplay for Sequential Podcasts

Heyo.

Just wanted to say I'm super excited that podcasts are now on spotify... butttt autoplay plays content in order of recency, which makes listening to sequential podcasts a tiny bit frustrating (especially when you're not close to whatever device is controlling spotify). 

I get that it's probably ridiculous for autoplay to function differently based on content type, but is there any potential for folks to edit autoplay directionality in the future? 

Yahhhhh

4 Replies

Same problem, it's quite annoying as I sometimes lose track of what I have already listened. Just let us disable the autoplay function, it's all I ask.

Hey @dvnhbdy.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and sorry for the late reply!

Good news: it is now possible to sort your Podcasts by release date 🙂 Depending on which device you are using, there are different ways of doing this.

For example, in the Desktop app, you have to go to the podcast in question. Underneath the Filtered by option there is a bar which includes TITLE,  PROGRESS, RELEASE DATE (📅and DURATION (🕑).  You can choose to sort your podcasts by any of these criteria, including in reverse order.

@g44a_8gm-zgbs - there is an existing idea in the Community to implement turning on/off the Autoplay feature for Podcasts which you can vote for hereIf the idea garners enough votes, then Spotify might consider implementing it in the future 🙂

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions regarding this.

Yes, please fix the autoplay issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! super frustrating. When I lay in bed, and want to listen just 1 podcast before I fall asleep, I wake up with my phone still playing. Waste of energy and 4g data... Why force autoplay on us??!!!!! come on....

I’m also hoping for this feature. But considering it’s been 5 years since you posted this and it’s still not happened i won’t hold my breath lol. 

Suggested posts