Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deep Dive Mode - Idea for Spotify

Deep Dive Mode - Idea for Spotify

I have a proposal to the designers of Spotify. To date, we have not had an efficient way that we can go through and listen, from earliest to latest, to each individual album from an artist. The only way to do it is to click on the albums individually (scrolling endlessly, by the way) or pre-downloading the albums in order on your phone to save the trouble. However, what if there was a way to organize the music the way it was meant to be organized for this manner?

Enter Deep Dive Mode. There needs to be a button to click on an artist where it automatically creates a huge playlist (from earliest to latest) every song in order. This would be perfect for those that want to quickly access the material from each individual artist they want to delve into.

Does this sound like a good idea? Why or why not?

6 Replies

I think it's a great idea! I'd love to be able to do that. Here's the problem, though: the music Spotify streams is provided by the record labels & distributors, and increasingly they're replacing older albums with "remastered" versions. And those versions have a release date of when the remaster was released, and not the original release date.  It would be a huge project to try and look up all the original release dates and somehow code that into each song's metadata.

That is true. I definitely see what you mean how it would be hard to code all the remaster versions. What about if you ignored the remaster versions and only included their original works? Would that make it a little easier to do? This is just a suggestion. It would basically include any original albums, EPs, singles, and compilations.

That is true. I definitely see what you mean how it would be hard to code all the remaster versions. What about if you ignored the remaster versions and only included their original works? Would that make it a little easier to do? This is just a suggestion. It would basically include any original albums, EPs, singles, and compilations.

I love the enthusiasm behind the idea, but doesn't Spotify already have something like this in the form of their "Discography" feature? Are you looking for something a little more specific/in chronological order?

@Cymbalize

That would be possible if it weren't for the fact that the remastered versions have replaced the original versions, in many cases.

@Decorum

Chronological order is exactly what the OP is referring to, as they say "can go through and listen, from earliest to latest, to each individual album from an artist. "

With all the remastered version on Spotify, that's impossible to do because the remastered versions use only the rerelease date.

Suggested posts