Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting calls while using car thing

Getting calls while using car thing

Just curious and really wanting to get car thing but what happens when you get a call while using car thing? Does the music stop playing and the conversation auto plays to the speakers or does the music still keep playing? I know this maybe weird but I’d like to know if it’s possible to have the music continue to play instead of stopping. Thank you in advance if anyone can answer this!

4 Replies

Hey, Aguilaf123, I don't have an answer for, on that. I just have a couple questions for you. Were you one the list to be able to buy one of those. If so, did you buy it for the $7.99 (or whatever) that we were told that we'd be able to buy it for, or did you get offered some ridiculous price of around $79.00?

Follow me

Hey @Aguilaf123,

Good question. I'm not a Car Thing user myself, but I thought I'd let you know there's a Car Thing board in the Help section where you might be able to find an answer.

Just head here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Car-Thing/bd-p/carthing

I suggest you have a look through the threads there to see if someone's already asked that question. There are also some useful FAQ/setup guide threads pinned to the top of the board which might be a good place to start.

Let me know how it goes!

When using Car Thing, it's just a remote for the Spotify mobile app.

The Spotify app on your phone is doing the audio playback to your car speakers through bluetooth or AUX.

Calls should work like they normally do: You get a call and the music stops and some cars have a Bluetooth system where you can answer the call with a button and talk. Then after the call the music can resume.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes but we don't want it to stop. And our cars or at home. I share my music to my Bluetooth JBL party subs located around my house and Wallaman the living room I get a call and all Music Stops and we don't want that to happen I can't find anywhere to stop this from happening. Surely it's not that hard

Suggested posts