Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there a way to duplicate a personal playlist?

Solved!

Is there a way to duplicate a personal playlist?

Hi,
Wondering if anyone knows a way to duplicate a personal playlist?

I created a playlist for my 30th Birthday party, that has a running order, and a friend wants to use it as a base for his own party playlist.

I want to keep my original as it is, but was hoping there is a way I can copy my playlist, then make the new one collaborative with him and he can change it as he wants.

Anyone know a way of doing this? So I can save my friend having to add each song individually into a new playlist? If so let me know.
Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There isn't a way to instantly duplicate a playlist, but I have a pretty easy way to do it.

This method requires you to have access to spotify on desktop.

Step 1) Create a new playlist.

Step 2) Go to the original playlist which you want duplicated and click the first song (not the play button, you just want to select it).

Step 3) Press Ctrl + A or Cmd + A, this will select all the songs in the playlist.

Step 4) Drag the selection to the new playlist!

Step 5) Enjoy!

Here is a visual guide to help you incase my steps were confusing

YpNeTP8

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press Accept as Solution and Like button.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thank you that's brilliant!

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Marked as solution

There isn't a way to instantly duplicate a playlist, but I have a pretty easy way to do it.

This method requires you to have access to spotify on desktop.

Step 1) Create a new playlist.

Step 2) Go to the original playlist which you want duplicated and click the first song (not the play button, you just want to select it).

Step 3) Press Ctrl + A or Cmd + A, this will select all the songs in the playlist.

Step 4) Drag the selection to the new playlist!

Step 5) Enjoy!

Here is a visual guide to help you incase my steps were confusing

YpNeTP8

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press Accept as Solution and Like button.

Marked as solution

Thank you that's brilliant!

Thanks for the screencast video - much appreciated 🙂

You are awesome, thank you for this. I was trying to do CTRL+A but didn't think to just click the first song to do so.

This was very helpful, thanks so much!

This worked recently? Whenever I try to do ctrl+a, it just selects the text on the page but not the songs. Am I supposed to do this on the desktop app or the web player?

Hi jadearisinoe,

This trick only works on the desktop app, not the web version.

Thanks.

How exactly does it work on the desktop app though? Is there a separate way to select a song, because "selecting" it on mine just plays it.

Hi jadearisinoe,

Instead of clicking the play button, try clicking next to the name of the song. See my animated guide for reference.

Thanks.

This is what a song looks like for me, there isn't a play button, if you click anywhere there, including the title, it plays it.

Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 2.02.31 PM.png

Lets move to PM, don’t want to spam here.

Thank you so so much, you saved me hours

Neat

Hi!

From your mobile, you can also click on the three dots --> scroll down --> select "add to other playlist" --> create a new playlist --> and add! 

Hope this helps!

Suggested posts