Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Kids and Sexual Content

Kids and Sexual Content

I was excited for my son to get Spotify only to find out there is a slew of sexual podcasts. Really disgusting content. Then I find out after research we as the parents are supposed to go through all the podcasts and mark them explicit. What a POOR resolution! The power of the free market is that we as parents can find new platforms. However....this is a missed opportunity for Spotify. To tell subscribers there has to be more votes in order to make change is leading from behind. Protecting peoples kids from sexual content should not need any votes. It should be built in. What a failure on Spotify's behalf. Spotify.....do not respond to this post with a rehearsed answer. Only respond with REAL change.

3 Replies

I agree.  I'm currently looking into other music apps because we found our 12 yo was able to listen to explicit podcasts, and watch videos.  There's no way to block podcasts and/or videos for kids and Spotify Kids is not the answer since our kids are older.  I don't know why Spotify can't add these simple features - disable podcasts, disable video.  

Yes...it is completely unacceptable! I have started using apple music and
set the restrictions on the phone to "clean". I have found Apple products
have the best safety features for parents and it is free. Android was a no
go for me.There are still some some podcasts that show up that are not age
appropriate but he can not listen to them. Apple seems to be the only
product that wants to help parents. I can turn the internet off and set
certain times for all apps to be used. I am trying my best to not let the
online world jack up my kid. Hang in there and don't give up and give in.
It is our job to do what is right for our kids.

Hello @rebeccalamae and @DRuss324,

Spotify doesn't currently have such a function, however you can consider getting your child a Spotify Kids account (@rebeccalamae), so that they can freely go on Spotify and listen to annything without worrying of running into something that is marked 'Explicit'. If that still doesn't work you can try proposing an idea to the Community here. Check out Spotify's full Parental Control's guide here.

If this answer doesn't satisfy you, feel free to let Spotify Customer Support know about your idea/proposal.

Cheers... 🥂 

"If you think this is useful, consider accepting it as a solution or liking it! Thanks...!" 😊 

- Tec-04 (⌧ʙɹıʌи)

I have no affiliation with Spotify (as an employee).

Follow my Spotify

(I can help in English, 简体中文,繁體中文)

Suggested posts