Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Premium duo

Premium duo

So, if I add a household member…does each acct have a separate name or does it just mean we can both listen without booting the other one off the network? Simple terms…same account, same library, can 2 devices piggyback off what’s there currently without interruption?

2 Replies

Hi @Gulffisherman,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

Each member of a Premium Duo plan needs to have their own Spotify account; in this way, no one shares a password and everyone keeps their own saved music and playlists. This also means that both members of a Premium Duo plan can listen to music simultaneously without interrupting each other.

If you’re currently sharing your Spotify account with another member of your household and you invite them to your Premium Duo plan (following these steps), they’ll need to log in to or sign up for their own Spotify account in order to accept the invite

If the other member of your Premium Duo plan would then like to access the playlists from your account, you can share the playlists with them by following the steps provided here, so that they can save them to their own Spotify library to listen to. And if the other Premium Duo member would still like to be able to edit these playlists, I’d recommend making them collaborative as well; you can invite the other member as a collaborator to the playlists by following the steps in this support article

Alternatively, if you’d prefer not to make any playlists collaborative, the other Premium Duo member can copy the playlists from your account to new playlists on their account by following the steps in this FAQ article. Note that this process needs to be done on the desktop app, rather than on a mobile device.

Feel free to read more about how Premium Duo works in this FAQ article and in this support article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I just switched from premium to duo, and added a family member who is using an eco dot. Every time they start playing music, my music stops, and my phone shows me what they’re playing. I cannot play anything until they stop on their end.

Suggested posts