Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App on iOS in Namibia completely different from the App in other regions

Solved!

Spotify App on iOS in Namibia completely different from the App in other regions

Good day,

(a) A friend and I realised that the Spotify app in Namibia looks different and has different features compared to the app in South Africa. I might be told about region and what not, and I am sorry if I am ignorant, but the design doesn't make sense to be different because of the region. I might understand features (eventhough not completely) but the look and feel? not as much. 

Is there a way to have this raised or at least made sense of? 

I'm attaching two images, (1) from my mobile phone (Namibia) and the other (2) from a colleague (South Africa)

(1) iPhone 12 (MGJE3AA/A) | iOS 16.1.1 | Spotify version: 8.7.84.360 | Namibia

(2) iPhone 13 Pro (MLVK3AA/A)  | iOS 16.1.1 | Spotify version: 8.7.84.360 | South Africa

Also, Namibia pays USD 2.99 and South Africa ZAR 59 -- which is basically almost the same cost (about ZAR 10 cheaper in Namibia) -- so is this the justification for the difference?

(b) Then, Namibia only has 2 subscription plans, Free and Premium Individual. No Duo, No Family plans... 

(c) The Namibian app also doesn't have the dynamic album art. Just the static album art. 

Kind of feels unfair to be paying for the same service and getting the crumbs...

2.jpg
1.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello, I am in the United States and my app looks the same as yours does in Namibia. I think the new layout is awfully inconvenient. I spoke with a customer service representative who said it is an update they are testing so some users will see it and some won’t, which may explain why your friend in South Africa is seeing a different interface. I really hope they don’t make the change permanent because the old layout is so much easier to use.

View solution in original post

5B5F6376-4A8B-4E57-B6C6-931E14FA5B5A.png
1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hello, I am in the United States and my app looks the same as yours does in Namibia. I think the new layout is awfully inconvenient. I spoke with a customer service representative who said it is an update they are testing so some users will see it and some won’t, which may explain why your friend in South Africa is seeing a different interface. I really hope they don’t make the change permanent because the old layout is so much easier to use.

5B5F6376-4A8B-4E57-B6C6-931E14FA5B5A.png

Suggested posts