Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switch to old home screen

Switch to old home screen

Hello,

How can I switch from the horribly unusable new home screen to the cozy old version?

8 Replies

Okay Ipdot I found a way but it's low key sketch, doing an update revert is a possibility assuming you're running iOS. 

It is possible to revert back to an older version of an app on iOS, but it can be a bit tricky and there are some limitations to this process. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. First, you will need to uninstall the current version of the app from your device. To do this, press and hold the app icon on your home screen until it starts to wiggle, then tap the "X" in the top-left corner of the icon.

2. Next, you will need to find an older version of the app to install. If you have previously backed up your device to iTunes or iCloud, you may be able to find an older version of the app in your backup. Otherwise, you can try searching for the app version online and downloading it from a third-party website. Be careful when downloading apps from third-party sites, as they may contain malware or other security risks.

3. Once you have found an older version of the app, connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. Go to the "Apps" tab in iTunes and find the app you want to install.

4. Right-click on the app and select "Show in Finder" (or "Show in Windows Explorer" on a PC).

5. In the Finder or Windows Explorer window that opens, you should see a file with an .ipa extension. Drag this file into the iTunes app window.

6. iTunes will now begin to install the older version of the app onto your device.

Please note that this process may not always work, and there may be some compatibility issues with the older version of the app and your iOS version. Additionally, Apple may have restrictions on which app versions are allowed to be installed on your device, so this method may not work for all apps.

Android:

The process to revert back to an older version of an app on Android is a bit simpler than on iOS. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. First, you will need to uninstall the current version of the app from your Android device. To do this, go to the "Settings" app on your device and select "Apps & notifications." Find the app you want to uninstall and tap on it, then select "Uninstall."

2. Next, you will need to find an older version of the app to install. You can try searching for the app version online and downloading it from a third-party website. Be careful when downloading apps from third-party sites, as they may contain malware or other security risks.

3. Once you have found an older version of the app, you will need to enable "Unknown sources" in your device's settings to allow installation of apps from outside the Google Play Store. To do this, go to "Settings," then "Security" or "Privacy," and enable the "Unknown sources" option.

4. Use a file manager app to find the downloaded APK file of the older version of the app on your device. Tap on the file to begin the installation process.

5. Follow the prompts to install the older version of the app onto your device.

Please note that installing apps from outside the Google Play Store can pose a security risk, so be sure to only download apps from reputable sources. Additionally, older versions of apps may not be compatible with your device's operating system or may have known security vulnerabilities, so it's important to be cautious when reverting back to an older version.

Let me know if you find another workaround,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you very much - appreciate the time and effort you spent on compiling the instruction!

Of course it’s what I love to do for y’all, if you find that this is a suitable workaround mark it as a solution and I’ll start spreading the word. A lot of people seem highly displeased over this update :,(

Give me a shout if I can help you out,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star

Unfortunately, I am not that comfortable with the solution. Not that I don't mean what I said about your help. Don't get me wrong - your instructions are very informative and the fact that you've spent your time trying to help is absolutely commendable.

However, I don't like the idea of using an older version from a third-party site. The risks are obvious and having to take those just because Spotify has decided to spit its users in the face is simply not right. After all, most of us are paying money for this service - why should anyone resort to manipulations like that to revert the app to a usable state...

If that sick joke of an update is not resolved within the next couple of weeks, I'm going to Tidal or Qobuz.

Fax okay, probably best not to send people off to download random files lol 

Im sure they’ll add an option to turn it all off kinda like cover arts and the other jazz they’ve added over the years.  I’ll drop a line in here if I find better ways.

Thanks for the timely response,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star

The reason why I don't like downloading older versions is not just the dangers of potentially ending up with a trojan or some malware. It could be that with the update Spotify has deployed fixes for some issues - e.g., patched security breaches, etc. With an older version you're just more vulnerable...

thank you, I hate that they changed it!

can you find a workaround for windows computers so the last version can be used rather than this new piece

of junk?

Suggested posts