Premium

Country

United States

Device

Pixel 5a

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

Most times when I start up Car Thing in my car it does not connect to my Android phone. It says Phone Disconnected. Sometimes it will eventually connect to phone but most of the time it does not. Any suggestions on what to do? I have tried a Factory Reset already.

7 Replies

Hi @sadastronaut,

Thank you for reaching out!

Since you've already performed a factory reset on your CarThing, it's worth trying to connect a different phone to it and check if the same behavior happens. This way we can narrow down the root of this issue.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The only thing you can do is make sure the Spotify app is running on the phone. Otherwise, it's a known issue that some Android phones make it difficult for Car Thing to connect to them. Which model is it?

/Björn

I have a Pixel 5a. When you say "running", do you mean the app is open in the foreground, or just open at all?

Hi there @sadastronaut,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you let us know how it works with having it open in general and in the foreground?

Also, how does it work if you connect a different device to it?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply,

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have the same problem with my Motorola G. I've found that if I unplug the car thing after my phone has connected to the car (it has Bluetooth connectivity for phone use only) and then replug it in, the car thing usually connects right away. I've considered buying a USB power switch. They are sold for use with the raspberry pi and are only a few bucks. Then I would switch it off prior to starting the car and wait until the phone connects to the car before switching it on. Hope this info helps!

I have a similar issue where every time I turn on the car the car thing and my phone do not connect automatically I have to approve the pair every time instead of it doing it automatically I have a Galaxy s22 plus

Plan

Premium

Country United States 

Device

Samsung Galaxy S2 Ultra

Operating System

Android 14

My Question or Issue

Every time I turn on Car Thing it requires me to approve and pair on my phone. For the first few months I owned Car Thing, it would always automatically connect without the pairing prompt every time it gets powered on. This is very annoying. Please help.

Suggested posts