Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Car thing not connect

Car thing not connect

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 13 Pro

Operating System

IOS 16

My Question or Issue

Hi all, My Car thing seems to have stopped connecting to my phone via Bluetooth after I updated to the latest IOS 16. Every time I forget both devices from one another in the menus, retrying the pairing process, and even factory resetting to new did not fix it. Is there any possible fix for this? I’m really hoping so due to how useful this little gadget is. Thank you!

31 Replies

I tried taking it inside and connecting it to my phone while on wifi and it didn’t change anything, worth a shot though .

Hey @Goombata19,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you please reset your device and try rinja's suggestion again?

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you all for the help, I installed the most recent spotify update from a day or so ago and then I did the hard factory reset on the CarThing while on my wifi and it seems to be working great right now. 

Hey @Goombata19,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're glad to hear that everything works as it should for you now 🙂

If you ever have any other questions in the future, feel free to post in the Community again. 

LyubkaModerator

Hi, could you please tell me what a hard factory reset involves? I searched this exact term on the forum and no matches!
Thank you.

Hey @Vince_Meat,

Thanks for your reply.

Any saved personal information is erased from the device after a factory reset/hard reset. To perform it, you can follow the steps in this article.

Just keep in mind that you’ll need to reconnect your Car Thing to your phone and reset any presets afterwards. If, after performing it, you continue to have or notice inconveniences, it'll really help us if you describe in your next reply what's exactly happening on your side.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

This is also my situation, it was working beautifully until one day it just stopped connecting to my phone and no factory reset or "forget" and re-pair will fix it.  I have an iphone 13 pro on 16.5.1, Spotify updated to 8.8.46.656

Hey @jnkb,

Thanks for reaching out.

Is the issue specific to your device, i.e. does the same thing happen when you try to connect to a different phone? Are you getting any error messages?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator

I only have 1 phone, but it's not happening with any other bluetooth devices, my phone still connects to my car bluetooth, earphones, etc. just not the car thing.

Hey @jesskaui,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Would it be possible to ask a friend or family member to try connecting with their phone? This will help us narrow down the possible cause of the issue. 

Also, please let us know what happens when you try to connect (a few screenshots or a short video would be really helpful).

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

My S23 Ultra will not connect to my car thing. my phone and the Spotify app are updated to the recent versions AFAIK. I have factory reset the car thing multiple times, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Spotify app multiple times, I've messed with so many settings on my phone and still nothing works. It gets to the point where the car thing will get into pairing mode and it'll act like its pairing to my phone, and then it will say that it couldn't find my phone. Then, I'll check the car thing and my phone will be there, but will refuse to connect. I'm really at a loss for what to do.

Hey @gobulous

Welcome to the Community and thank you for letting us know. Let's troubleshoot together. 

To avoid repeating ourselves could you confirm whether the troubleshooting provided by previous moderators proved useful? 

If possible could you capture a video of the occurrence so we can see how the interaction is going. Are any error messages coming up? Any information will be useful. 

Keep us n the loop. 

MartinModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts