Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Check you email for confirmation

Check you email for confirmation

Hello, 

Upon registering to the program, they said a confirmation email has been sent. Since i did not receive anything, I realized that there was a problem with my account linking between Facebook and Spotify. I contacted support and they updated my email address. So I went back to the carthing to enlist again, but there was no resend confirmation button saying I was already registered and to confirm the email.

My question is, is there a way for me to resend the confirmation email, or get any type for email again, because I did not receive any at all ( as stated above and yes i check junk). 

Thank you so much for your help.

13 Replies

Hi, when I was signing up for the car thing, there was a Typo in the email that the confirmation has been sent to. I have updated that email correctly but the confirmation for the car thing is not sent to the current email. Is there a way to 

Re-send the confirmation for signing up for the car thing? please do let me know. Thank you.

Hey, @Larsin05 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Actually, when you sign up to be put on the list, it is based on the email is linked to your Spotify account. 

Just to make sure we are on the same page, you went to carthing.spotify.com and asked to be put on the list, right? So you've received an email with a confirmation. Didn't this email send to the same email account that your Spotify is registered?

Keep me posted 🙂

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, @Luan,

when I joined Spotify premium in 2019 I put in my email address, But I didn't type in the " .au " at the end. somehow Spotify accepted this email address even though it doesn't exist. But then when I signed up for the car thing It asked me that the confirmation will be sent to the email ( the wrong one ). but then I realised that it was a wrong email after I accepted the conformation but I didn't know it was wrong one, and the confirmation has already been sent to it. Soon I changed my email correctly and now Spotify is sending news to the right email and I can see them. But since the car thing confirmation was sent once to the wrong email I can no longer confirm that I have signed up. I also recommend for the page to have a resend button for the confirmation to resend to the right email but there isn't. Either way, I soon realised that This free car thing is only for the US and I'm in Australia, correctly if I'm wrong. Thanks for reaching out.

Hey again, @Larsin05 

Thank you for your reply and the clarifications you brought.

First of all, as you already know, there is no possibility to resend the confirmation email, but I will pass your suggestion ahead, thanks for that.

I've seen that you already changed the email linked to your Spotify account and I just would like to reinforce that keeping your data up-to-date is the best way to get information from Spotify.

Last but not least, CarThing is available for US users only at this time. For now, there is no information about the launch of this product in other markets. Having this in mind, you don't need to worry about the email that was sent to the wrong address, because you wouldn't be eligible for getting the CarThing at this moment.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star

i have same issue ... i sign in with facebook and i cannot add my email to spotify account ... but my mail showed there what was weird ... however i didnt recive any email with confirmation 

Hey @brunosaccal,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

If you confirmed your email address is correctly associated with your Spotify account and that you can receive emails from us, would you mind trying to get yourself on the list using an incognito window on your desktop?

If this doesn't do the trick, it'd be great if you'd share a screenshot of the error message you get so we can look into this further.

We also suggest taking a look at this post so you can double-check if you already registered to be part of the list (but did not receive a confirmation email) or what you're experiencing is due to availability issues.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @_Matthew_,

Thanks for writing.

Just to confirm, does what you experienced correspond any of the scenarios @Luan described in the post above yours? 

Asking to understand if what you're reporting is due to the fact your already registered to be part of the list (despite not receiving a confirmation email) or if it's simply a matter of product availability (if you're not based in the US, for example). If any of those two, Luan's reply should provide you with all the info you need at the moment 🙂

Cheers! 

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

i think its okey... but i had problem with adding email to my account but that is fixed now... And i just did not recive email 😄 I know it is only for US ... but i hope it will get to EU soon ... so no problem i guess 🙂

Hey @Mario,

thank you for the reply, I can confirm that my email is well associated to the Spotify account and have received emails. I tried putting it on incognito window just now and it didn't work. 

I am not getting any error messages as stated above, I am getting: "You’ve already signed up to get a Car Thing. Check your emails for confirmation."  and I don't see a way for me to resend the confirmation email as this message was sent to me before I even linked the Spotify (as state above too). 

Thank you.

Hi again @brunosaccal,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Keep in mind that this product is currently only available in the US, so if you're account is not registered there, you won't be able to register for it, and that might be the reason why you're not receiving the email. You can check that on your Account Overview page here.

We'll be right here if you need anything else.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

I received the exclusive invite and got off the waiting list but when I order the page just crashes, and I am at a loss I tried waiting and going on a different device, nothing.

Hey @Mileslewis 

I suggest to keep going back to the page and trying. There has been high demand in the last 48 hours causing website errors.

MattSudaSpotify Star

No i did not recive confirmation email

Suggested posts