Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Re: [Car Thing] Setup & troubleshooting guide

Re: [Car Thing] Setup & troubleshooting guide

My phone connects to my Car Thing via Bluetooth when I turn the car on, and then I plug my phone into my USB port in my car to play the music through the car speakers. In the last couple of days, I’ll plug my phone in like normal, it’ll show that it’s connected on my Car Thing, and will display whatever is playing on Spotify. However, the music is no longer coming out of my car speakers. The music will only play out of my phone. I can still control the music with the Car Thing, but I just can’t get the audio to connect to my car speakers anymore. Any suggestions? I’ve tried unpairing and repairing, but no luck. 

2 Replies

Hey there @reaganomalley,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community! We hope you don't mind us moving your post, as it fits better here.

Just to check, do you notice any difference if you try clearing stored cache from the app? Another option is to do a clean reinstall, as this will clear any saved cache too, as well as ensure that you're running the latest version.

Shouldn't that do the trick, could you check if this happen on another mobile device? If possible, you can ask a friend or family member if they can connect from their phone to your Car Thing.

It would also be helpful if you could let us know the model and OS version of your phone, along with the Spotify version.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My car thing is plugged in, and powers on, but it remains on the Spotify logo screen and nothing happens. My bluetooth is connected to it. Please help! I love my car thing and miss it so much 😞

Suggested posts