Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Allow “hide song” function to sync across ALL devices and ALL playlists

I often use my iPad, via mobile hotspot, as a “remote control” for the Spotify app running on my iPhone (which has the data plan). This allows me to switch tracks, like music, etc. while working on the iPad without having to use my limited mobile hotspot data.

However, “hiding” a track from a list (daily mix, radio etc.) does not transfer from the iPad’s playlist to the current playlist running on the iPhone. Therefore, ”hide song” also does not force a skip to the next track.  Similarly, hidden tracks on the iPhone are not displayed as such on the iPad. This makes curating lists of music using multiple devices frustrating at best. It’s important to note that “liking” a track does in fact immediately sync to the other devices and therefore hiding a track should also be possible. Thank You.

Add on: Also, please fix “hide song” so that it syncs to all playlists throughout my account.  If I don’t want to hear a song, I NEVER want to hear it again.  This alone makes listening to multiple Daily Mixes unbearably annoying at times.

Updated on 2023-02-04

Hey, again! It looks like your suggestion is back to the road, cool! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' again. See you all on the next mark...
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments

This is ridiculous. Syncing must be a feature. More than that I tried to listen to music via my iPad and selected the songs on my iPhone where a song is hidden. On the iPhone the song is skipped, it tells me that the next song after the hidden one is played on the iPad but the very hidden song IS ACTUALLY playing there. Example: I have hidden song 3 , I start playing song 1 and 2 on the iPad, but I have selected the songs on my phone. Then in the visuals in my phone song 3 (hidden) is kipped, the phone tells me "song 4 is playing on iPad", but the iPad plays song 3. 

Seriously?!

mulliganplummer

Personally I think Spotify is just ignoring us all when it comes to this matter, I bet it has something to do with artist agreements. The "dislike/never play" finction worked a few years ago, just bring it back. SO many people want this functions, why is not being implemented? Spotify actually in the black in 2022, spend a little money to add this feature. I am not a developer, but I don't see a function like "block song" is that big of an ask. I can't stand a few times and it really seems like the songs are played more than others. IS there some kind of way you track skips?

jiehanzheng

If I hear the songs I hate a few more times on Spotify, I’m going to cancel my subscription and delete my account.

jiehanzheng

Folks should vote with your wallet.  Now that Tesla has an Apple Music app, there’s very little reason to use a service that keeps recommending music that I dislike

Justme41

My kids love the Disney playlist and listen to it every night, but there is one song that creeps them out and gives them nightmares. It’s ridiculous that I can’t remove it for them. I have it hidden on my phone which I use to cast, but yet it still plays. There has to be some way that I can remove this song from ever playing on any device. I’m tired of these late night wakeups because of one song that I apparently can’t get rid of. 

Shorusai

Hi @Justme41 , whilst I agree this would be a nice function to have, for set/pre-made playlist there's even on other platforms no feature to hide those songs. On deezer for example you can select to not suggest this song to you (like in randomly generated mixes), but that means it's still gonna be in this playlist. 

A good solution for your case (and the peace of mind for your children) would probably be then to create an own playlist out of this one and just delete that one song. 

Also, unfortunately this case has been closed. If you're interested in something related, which is to take out songs out of suggestions /dislike/block them then there's this topic - at least that one is still open, albeit for years....

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-quot-Don-t-Like-Button-quot-should-be-adde...

HGRitticuss

It would be great to get David Guetta to stop inserting "I'm Good" Albums. There's over 40 songs now and 8 albums of the same dumb song. Sure I go through and block the song. Yet, spotify will SUGGEST and play the dumb song regardless of it being hidden. Super annoyed. Spotify has gone down hill in the last 4 years and giving them $10/month sounds like a rip when they now make it difficult to find playlists. If I wanted Spotify to peddle politicians or musicians political or podcasts that are dumb - I'd request it. I didn't, so give me the option to remove this **bleep**! 

cyberflunk

Abysmal customer feedback loops here. Spotify is clearly ignoring letting customer curate their music tastes. 

Think I'm done with Spotify. 

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2023-02-04

Hey, again! It looks like your suggestion is back to the road, cool! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' again. See you all on the next mark...
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Shorusai

Hey Luan, I just saw the status has been updated. Nice to see. However that made me wonder about this one:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-quot-Don-t-Like-Button-quot-should-be-adde... 

Isn't that the same? (tbf I'd lime a "dislike" button more than "hide" coz afaik hide is only for like a playlist but not accountwise.) 

Can they be merged? What about the 4.5k votes there? 

Is there a difference between "good suggestion" and "good idea"? FAQ doesn't mention the latter. Do we have to wait minimum 3 years (and probably more) for this one here too? I'm curious. Been following those topics since 2021.