[Desktop] Equalizer for the Desktop Version

There should be an Equalizer for the Desktop version of Spotify.

EQ1.png

Since Spotify's mobile apps now have an EQ setting, this should be implemented on the desktop version, too!
The EQ should come with various presets but also the ability to save your own custom settings.

Updated on 2018-03-13

Update from 2017-08

Hey Folks!

Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this thread. We really appreciate it. In the interest of full disclosure, we’d like to share with you the status of this request.

After serious consideration, we’ve decided not to introduce an equalizer for the Desktop app at this time. As a result, we’ve marked this idea as Case Closed.

Although we appreciate many of you here would like to see an equalizer on the Desktop app, they are in fact used by a very small subset of listeners overall. We’ve therefore decided to focus our immediate attention and resources on features that have higher engagement at this time.

We may reassess this decision in the future. But, for now, we just wanted to keep everyone in the loop. Rest assured we’re constantly working to implement feature requests you make via the Ideas Exchange.

Thanks for understanding, and please keep those ideas and requests coming! Together we can make Spotify the best it can be.
Comments
meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2018-03-13

Update from 2017-08

Hey Folks!

Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this thread. We really appreciate it. In the interest of full disclosure, we’d like to share with you the status of this request.

After serious consideration, we’ve decided not to introduce an equalizer for the Desktop app at this time. As a result, we’ve marked this idea as Case Closed.

Although we appreciate many of you here would like to see an equalizer on the Desktop app, they are in fact used by a very small subset of listeners overall. We’ve therefore decided to focus our immediate attention and resources on features that have higher engagement at this time.

We may reassess this decision in the future. But, for now, we just wanted to keep everyone in the loop. Rest assured we’re constantly working to implement feature requests you make via the Ideas Exchange.

Thanks for understanding, and please keep those ideas and requests coming! Together we can make Spotify the best it can be.
8ryo

[Desktop] Equalizer for the Desktop Version - The Spotify Community

I think this is important, IOS has it so why not desktop?

Twed
Visitor

I'm aware this is a duplicate of a 2015 issue that is marked closed, but in that issue it is marked that it might be revisited in the future, it's been 6 years, so let me at least provide a use case example of why the feature is useful and not something that is solved by a system's audio drivers / operating system.

My songs sound better coming out of YouTube on my browser than they do through Spotify. I could fix this with an in app equalizer if one existed easily. 

As a desktop user I have multiple feeds of audio, sometimes multiple at once. For example, I'm playing League of Legends with some friends communicating over discord and I want to have Spotify streaming as well. If I want to boost the bass of my music I could use my headset's equalizer or my OS's equalizer, but both would boost all my audio inputs, and I don't want a friend's laugh bass boosted.

Make it a premium only version or something, would definitely keep me subscribed.

To the QA/Community manager that sees this, here is the original issue you want to mark this a duplicate of, to save you some time: 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Desktop-Equalizer-for-the-Desktop-Version/idi-p/120720...

Thank you for your time.

ggrichards
Visitor

You point to a post made 6 years ago whenever this comes up. It's been 6 years. You have equalizers on all other platforms. What's stopping you from adding one to the desktop?

Gregor83
Regular

Yeah, just a equalizer.

How is it now? Is there enough people which would like to enable and adjust their playback by an equalizer?

This is, what makes quiet a big difference between my old foobar2000 playback and the spotify ones. I mean, it is not that bad, as the Threadopener described, but it can make a difference.

Last but not least, every modern playback-software owns some.

Related Ideas