New Community design

New Community design

Loneliest_Cabin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Did you notice? We’ve updated the Community homepage. It’s the first of many changes coming your way soon. We’re making it easier to find the topics you want to chat about, the help you need, or the Idea that would make all the difference to your Spotify experience. 

And it needs to be simple to get involved. 

Next we’ll be looking at the starting pages for Help, Chat and Ideas. 

Would love to hear what you think so far, and what you’d like to see. You can submit any Ideas in the usual place, just make sure to select the label ‘Community’ under ‘Choose a platform’. 

PS What’s your favourite colour scheme from the rotating options?

Pretty in pink

Blue Suede Shoes  

or

Orange Crush

Let us know in the comments below if you’re digging The New Style

30 Comments
Hubo
Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Love the refreshed new look! 😍

joni420

Love the new community page look but the mobile app need some new refresh rather than the community page and lyrisc world wide and new features waste of resoursec this was taking 😕 Tired the spotify mobile app design 😄

Katerina

It looks so pretty, my favorite is def the spotify:album:3gk5LmXVewb5mo4FWHuZI6 !

Flanstario1
Composer

the design for community spotify it change and why  not in app for desktop

Flanstario1
Composer

following my comments

the design with the poster choose

https://open.spotify.com/track/15mSSDkDMCsZTnBlqm0S41?si=02a12973bdc04381

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Blue is my favorite 💙

AyuTheHuman
Composer

By 'chat,' is it referring to the community discussions, or the private messages? Are there going to be more changes in the 'Private Messages-', to perhaps make it easier to use? It would be helpful if it were like Discord, and without a frequency limit.

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@AyuTheHuman 

The "Chat" link on the homepage goes to the Chat page of the community. The chat page links to sections to post about music, playlists, talk about off topic non music things, etc. Some things are in different places at the moment such as the social off topic section being in "social" in the sidebar menu, but anything chat related will be on the chat page in the future. The chat page will be updated in the future as mentioned so stay tuned for some more updates. To get to your private community messages, click on your username in the top right corner of the community and in the dropdown, click on the envelope icon. The private messages system is not currently meant to be a live chat system similar to Discord, Slack, Messenger, etc. It is similar to posting a message in a thread or sending an email where you post messages back and forth but it's private. Features are limited to what Khoros currently provides. 

AyuTheHuman
Composer

Oh okay, thank you!

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

You're welcome! If you have any other questions we're right here. 

NISSO8090

amazing app!!

Ivan

Really great, I love the new colors! 🎨 

Soundofus
Rock Star 20
Rock Star 20
Brunelicia
Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

The new colors look awesome! I loved the new design. 🙂

Billy-J
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Lovin' the look! 😍

AyuTheHuman
Composer

Me too!

I love the new designs, and I love all the new colors!

viettpp

But still no HomePod support...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Implement-Native-HomePod-Support/idc-p/5160093#M2143...

2900 votes, 50 pages of comment and not a single reply...

Peter

Have to agree with @Katerina - it's got to be black + pink from me - the most badass of all colour combos 🤘

https://open.spotify.com/track/7qq0EOPW4RRlqdvMBmdd73

MrTripleB

Hi Peter,

to see you everywhere else active other than here is not surprising any longer. Hope it‘s still cool and you enjoy „working“ at Spotify !

If you can‘t deliver on the service side („we thrive on bla bla bla“) and give an update on the HomePod request (such as a rather unpleasing but true „not right now“) you prefer to redesign this joke of Spotify Community, congrats.

Instead of engaging in window-dressing you should rather put your energy into being an active moderator and pay attention to customers of heavily discussed threads. It is worth far more than the best designed forum with ignorant moderators or a muzzling management, imho.

Luckily, I’ve already canceled my subscription and a freely available app has helped me to migrate my playlists to Apple Music (other destination services are also available).

This here is just a frustrating waste of time and I can only hope a critical mass of customers will „appreciate“ your behaviour accordingly.

I hoped you will give an update and therewith a perspective because I think Spotify could easily be the better experience but you and your world-class management prefer to aggravate your customers and deliberately let them turn their backs on you. What a genius move...I could have come up with that...not.

Won‘t bother you and your mastermind colleagues again.

Good bye.

Scotty7
Casual Listener

HomePod support or ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Labels