Announcements
It looks like all’s running smoothly again! Get more info over here

Spotify Business is here!

Goodman
Community Manager
Community Manager

For the first time, Spotify is available with a commercial license that makes you able to express your brand and connect with fans through unlimited music anywhere*.

Get it here.

*Currently only available in Sweden. If your business is located somewhere else, please follow the above link to read more.

26 Comments
Peter__
Community Legend
I hope this takes off! Let's be honest, some coffee shop and restaurant radio is shocking.
blake
Community Legend

Looking forward to this a lot - I know some small business owners who would jump all over this here in the US.

Merik
Community Legend

I'm pretty excited for this to launch! This will be amazing for youth centers and dance classes! 😄

user-removed
Not applicable

Great stuff to have Spotify also there.

Peter__
Community Legend
Looking at pricing, it doesn't appear that expensive either. (Although I'm not sure, do you need to pay other licensing on top of that price?)
Merik
Community Legend

@Peter wrote:
Looking at pricing, it doesn't appear that expensive either. (Although I'm not sure, do you need to pay other licensing on top of that price?)

@Peter__ Correct, there is more fees. When you pay for a Spotify Business account the mechanisation rights are included but not the performing rights. Businesses will also have to pay fees to STIM and SAMI. Check this page for more info about it.

Peter__
Community Legend
That is exactly the sort of page I was looking for but couldn't find! Thanks man! 🙂
bobiaz
Regular

Hello,

My name is Bobi and I’m a developer and security manager. I afraid to tell you I find a big bug in your software and database and it allowed me to download all of your music. I can understand it can be terrible when you have more than 40 million active user. I would like to send some music which I downloaded without premium account but there isn’t any place to attach file if you give me an email address I can send it with email. I have two offer for you so we can talk about it if you mind. I can tell you what is the problem or I can fix it if you make a good offer for me I hope to hear from you soon.

King Regards

Bobi

Richard
Roadie

@bobiaz wrote:

Hello,

My name is Bobi and I’m a developer and security manager. I afraid to tell you I find a big bug in your software and database and it allowed me to download all of your music. I can understand it can be terrible when you have more than 40 million active user. I would like to send some music which I downloaded without premium account but there isn’t any place to attach file if you give me an email address I can send it with email. I have two offer for you so we can talk about it if you mind. I can tell you what is the problem or I can fix it if you make a good offer for me I hope to hear from you soon.

King Regards

Bobi

Hey Bobi, we'd appreciate you reporting to this to our security team.

Check out this guide for how to best report security issues: https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/report-security-issues/

Thanks!

crystalkerosene
🙂
geekycreeper
Gig Goer

This is a great idea! Much better than the dreaded Pandora.

You can actually choose your own music to play. You can customize playlists for your business and customers to hear.

Hey, you could even take requests! It's perfect!

kbrooksc
Community Legend

It is a pretty awesome idea 🙂 Even helps to solve some of the licensing issues with personal user licenses

jmalibeeson
Roadie

This sounds like it will turn out awesome. If i owned a shop or something, i would totally use this

Flixx
Community Legend
Sounds great!
Jolla-1
Regular

This is excellent and I hope that many small business can and will join in on this project.

I love what Spotify has become and I am prolly one of those top user myself all the time I can’t have enough music. I do believe it’s a very good way to enjoy music for a cheap cost:)

I really hope more people sees it the way I do and support those who put there soul and energy into writing, producing and perform music.
Not all artist become or wish to become megastars, but I believe they all hope to make a penny or two for the effort they do put into it.

When this is been said, I hope Spotify can develop this service further on with several steps of subscriptions. I find it strange it still limited to only 3333 songs offline songs. I would pay more for twice as much offline files. And I do believe many others are willing to do the same. After all, phones, tabs etc. have way more capacity these days.

All in all, keep up the great work with taking music into 2015 and beyond.

Brg

jolla

MonkeyDLuffy

Hey everyone, I live in Turkey but ı wanna change my country in Spotify because I don't wanna listen stupid Turkish advertising anymore. Please help !!! and also wanna change language

JCdotnl
Roadie

Wow never knew this, I know allot of companies i've worked, who need this

zxplod
Roadie

Hi.  When will this be available in the US?!?!?!?!

Rizzer
Gig Goer

I love the idea of this Spotify for Business, I hope it takes off successfully internationally.

But this question of additional STIM payments doesn't make sense. The page you linked to says that STIM gets the fair share for the artists, drawn out if the monthly fee. How does any other fee come into it? Isn't Spotify for Business a commercial licence? Please explain.

edit: linked not liked

johncats
Roadie

Explicit filter?

Labels