Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

2 missing albums available everywhere else

2 missing albums available everywhere else

Heyho,

I know that availability for albums is a license thing and you have limited influence but I wanted to ask for two particular albums which are available on other streaming platforms for me but not on spotify for some reason. "Welcome Home Armageddon" by Funeral for a Friend and "If there is a light it will find you" by Senses Fail. I stream in Austria/Germany (traveling) and as mentioned, I can listen to those albums on my current platform of choice.

I actually planned to switch to your premium subscription the coming month but before I do I wanted to try to get some info on why this albums may be missing or if they will return.

3 Replies

Hey @L0Lifant

Spotify tries really hard to get music available on their service, but in the end the availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label. This is a choice made by the artist and their record label.

This thread by Spotify staff explains why some music is not available:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/I-want-an-artist-song-on-Spotify/td-p/1136005

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yeah I know all of that. I just thought since the albums are available on other streaming platforms and I don't see a reason why they should avoid the biggest one (other albums of the bands are available as well on spotify) this might be not a licensing issue but maybe someone simply forgetting to upload or "unlock" it for certain regions or whatever.

The album used to be on spotify years ago, but it is possible that the artist had this specific album signed to another label, or that the rights does not lie with whichever party put the rest of the albums online, and that the party that does hold the rights to that album does not want it on spotify for some reason.

Who knows, maybe they got a deal where they would put the album on smaller music streaming services as an exclusive for as long as such a contract would last. It would be weird though cause it’s not like the album is some kind of word wide all time hit or something 😛

Suggested posts