Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

5FDP new album "Got Your Six" isn't on Spotify

5FDP new album "Got Your Six" isn't on Spotify

Was just wondering why the album wasn't on Spotify yet? I got the notification saying it was available on Spotify but clearly it is not. Thanks.
147 Replies

Anybody have an answer?!

Yea, after 7 days its still not working. This is really starting to get annoying.

GYS.JPG

Day 197 Still no sign of the album, I am getting old now. My legs are slowly giving out and I feel like I'm on the wrong side of heaven. Everything is just slowly coming down and I might not be back for more. This will probably be the last message if I do fall to my death. Goodbye spotify and your wicked ways. I wish I could be anywhere but here but unfortunately you put me in this situation.

Not on new music Friday... SMH. At least new music Fiday has given us Slayer!

this is rediculous.....why am I paying for this service?? Get your **bleep**ing **bleep** together Spotify

I do have to say before anyone buys it id wait another week. I hate the thought of it but they were really trying to get to #1 and that ended this morning. Hopefully.

At least the new Slayer album is freakin awesome, so this New Music Friday isn't a complete loss. >:-)

@Kpepper229

This is not Spotify's fault on the U.S. listening region side of things, other U.S. streaming services do not have access to the full release either. I am even having trouble even finding the Prospect park label through the advance search method, so something far more underhanded is happening with regards to the Prospect Park label that owns the rights to the artist's music and it is not the streaming service. 

And also this might have something to do with the new music release by the artist's available on US streaming services, when a company goes into Bankruptcy the ownership of bands/artists material gets really screwed up: "On March 10, 2014 the company announced that it had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection while it continues its lawsuit against ABC." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prospect_Park_(production_company)

So the band might end up shopping around for a new label in the future anyway?

Good point JayLB. 🙂

@Macatron

I agree, I have the new Slayer release sitting in my Slayer playlist, just working through my TSOL playlist and then it is Slayer shredding time, the singles off the new release are killer. Man I hope they are doing a mammoth kick ass tour for this release. Sad they lost Hanneman, but looking forward to seeing Gary Holt from thrasher band Exodus to fill the former's spot. Saw them a long time ago Exodus with Laaz Rockit opening, Holt is awesome on the guitar.

The album isn't fully available on Apple Music either....only4 songs available there

@JayLB I couldn't agree more! I've been a long time fan, but I've never been able to catch them live, unfortunately. I grew up with thrash/speed metal, so it's near and dear to me. 🙂 Have you heard of a new thrash metal band called Act of Defiance? It's put together by an ex-Megadeth guitarist and drummer, and their freakin awesome! Definitely check them out if you haven't already.

What the **bleep** I'm pissed now since I just read that

Ik cause it hasn't came out and now it is

you can only play jekkyl and hyde

I guess this album just isn't coming to spotify at all?

As posted already. We can hear the album just fine in Denmark.

A few times it actually better to be outside of US, but most often are everbody non-US forced to use location-proxy to get by the geolocation boundary. Geolocation boundary is just a pain and should be removed.

Since it is only some (US) that cannot hear this album then try sift Country. Either Spotify does it by IP (like Netflix) or simply by the Country in the settings of your profile in Spotify.

Try shift to Denmark in your settings and see if you now see and can hear it 🙂

Or use a DNS that can put you in Denmark.

To make everything clear, this album is NOT AVAILABLE yet in United States and Canada

It is available in every other country covered by Spotify with different versions. (see availabilities under)

get-your-six-1.jpg

get-your-six-2.jpg

get-your-six-3.jpg

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This entire album is now on Apple Music. I chose to stay with Spotify because I feel that it operates better but I'm very upset that I pay for this service and they still don't have the album. I don't understand what's going on. If Apple has rights to it for their costumes then why do we not? 😡

Costumers, not costumes lol!

Suggested posts