Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

60 songs that explain the 90s podcast

60 songs that explain the 90s podcast

1. None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

/Premium

Country

Device

(Android 12 windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am not able to cast this podcast to Google home from my phone or computer. I am able to cast other songs & other podcasts. Something about the way that it set up to play the audio and then the song disassociates my Google home speakers from my account. 

20 Replies

Hey there @jlhopkins,

Thanks for the post.

Can you send us a link to the podcast episode that you can't play? We'll check it out on our end.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Alex. All of the episodes play on my phone or computer. I cannot get them to cast to any device on my Google home via Spotify app on Android or Windows 10 desktop app. 

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4EY2GJrhXuebDcTUs4JAqG?si=0gGffladQN2zxYLdyGaIQA&utm_source=copy-li...

Screenshot_20220529-075230.png

I can go to any other song or podcast and I am able to cast to any home device. 

Also. None of the podcasts from 60 songs that explain the 90s can be cast from my phone or computer to a linked device

Screenshot_20220529-075436.png

Hey there @jlhopkins,

Thanks for the reply and the info. 

We'd recommend you check if there are any firmware updates available for your speaker and install those. If the issue still continues, try the following:

• Log out Everywhere 
  • Run a clean reinstall on your PC and phone, following this Spotify Guide
  • Try connecting both your PC/ phone and the Google Home speaker to another network, like a mobile hotspot and try playing the podcast again
  • Try playing the podcast from the Web player to the Google Home speaker
  • Try logging in with a different account. You can ask a friend/ family member to log in with theirs, or create a free test account

If none of that works, please let us know when exactly this started happening and the country of your account.

We've received a couple of reports of similar issues, and some users report that doing the firmware updates often solves the issue, however there might be something else causing this.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,  I followed the instructions above, log out everywhere, uninstalled everywhere, rebooted everywhere.  Unfortunately, I am still having the issue with this podcast only.  I am able to cast songs and other podcasts on both devices.  

This podcast is unique in that it links out to the song discussed in the episode.  In essence it functions like a playlist. 

USA based, it has never worked that I am aware, started listening 5/9/22

Hey @jlhopkins,

Thanks for your last reply. 

Just to confirm, is this happening when logging in with a different account? 

Lastly, tell us if you can listen to this Podcast through the web player.

We'll stay tuned. 

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Yep. Thanks

Another user screenshot

IMG_20220601_120133.jpg

Hey @jlhopkins,

Thanks for all the info you've sent so far! 

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it. We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Cheers 🙂 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

To add to this. I’m experiencing similar issues. My iPhone 12 mini will cast this podcast to my Google Nest speakers through Google Home, however my partner’s iPhone 8 will not. Spotify and Google Home updates installed on both. The only podcast that restricts access is 60 Songs that Explain the 90s (as far as I can see)

Hey @Shaneisdead,

thanks for the information.

Could you also tell us the exact version of Spotify you've used on the affected devices? We'll relay the data to the team then.

But also keep in mind, that some podcasts containing music cannot be currently streamed over Connect. This is possibly the reason why the casting results differ between different devices.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Same issues but with Sonos speakers (Ones, Five, Roam) for this podcast.  Has been happening since late '21 probably (when I first noticed it as an issue).  Does work fine with Sonos Roam in Bluetooth, but not when on wifi.  All other podcasts I've tried work just fine to all the same speakers (e.g., The Daily, The Journal, Acquired, Bankless, etc.).

Hi there @tim089,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you let us know if you tried all of the troubleshooting that's been provided in the thread and if it made any difference when you logged in with a different account?

It would also be great if you can let us know:

Once we have the information above we'll pass it over to the team that's looking into this.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Have a great continued weekend 🙂

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, @Jeremy, 8.7.42.943 and Android.  I haven't gone through all the steps above, but am not sure why that'd be necessary since all other podcasts I've tried (and music) work just fine.  This podcast has had these same problems for months.  I try to click "play" for this podcast and nothing happens.  I wonder if it has to do with Spotify exclusivity and something in the code based on that.  

Hey @tim089,

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you confirm the exact make, model and OS version installed on your device?

On another note, let us know if this happens even when linking your Sonos device to another phone. 

We'll be holding up.

AndresMModerator

Yes, this happens with other phones as well.  Android 12, just confirmed up to date.  Pixel 5a 5G.

Hey @tim089,

Thanks for coming back,

We've passed this info to the team in charge. The right folks will be looking into this. 

Any news related to this will be posted in this thread. 

Cheers!

AndresMModerator

I am having this same exact issue and it is driving me crazy!

I've been having this issue for the past couple of months and it is only with this particular podcast. All other podcasts and music work just fine. I can't play this on my desktop computer or my bluetooth speakers, just my phone and laptop. 

Suggested posts