Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Album linked to wrong artist

Album linked to wrong artist

The album A Different World isn't from the metal band Kamelot but from Famous Dirtbag Da Prynce of Kamelot and all the songs from that album seem to have "Kamelot - " in their title which isn't the case currently.

Spotify_2018-03-03_08-15-51.png

10 Replies

Contact the Artist Support. I did and they had fixed my albums in 2 days.

Filip

I'm not an artist, just a random user, not sure they'll even ear me out on this 🙂

I am sure they will if you point them to the right discography of both artists that would be a proof of the correct assignment of albums. 🙂

Filip

Happens too often UFO etc has wrong tracks linked to it.

Suggest Spotify use genre as well as artist. 

Same for a band called 'Bombay', lately these albums from some russian artist have been showing up on their spotify page which are definitely place wrong.

This is such a big issue. And non of the Spotify employees really heard me out on this. 
Artists that got their "identity stolen" that I remember from the top of my head without even looking on Spotify again. 
- Racer X
- Slash
- UFO

-JET (yes the ones with are you gonna be my girl. I get a russian artist with the same name and incredibly shitty once in a while on my release radar)
- Clueso

there are countless others I encountered by coincidence, but the most I find are on my release radar. Like every week there is a song on my release radar that is not supposed to be there. It is so annoying. Here is a scumbag that used the famous German Artist Clueso this week for example:

https://open.spotify.com/track/41niaEW79ty5qNu2zhgsqK?si=wsvSe_ztQq6yUbvdjabIVg

pretty famous scheme on spotify in the meantime. I don't even want to know how many cheating artists get income they don't deserve from plays from users that really didn't want to listen to in the first place. 

how to find artist support?

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

If you notice a track or an album on Spotify isn't playing correctly, or the information (title, cover art, release date) is incorrect, you can report it to us. Check out this help page and follow the steps on how to report what you've spotted.

In case you still need to get in touch with our team at Spotify for Artists you can reach out to them here.   

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.   

Thank you for this answer Ivan! I was searching all over Spotify's website to find where a regular ol' listener like me could point out an incorrectly-listed song. In this case, I was shocked when I heard that the stoner rock band Clutch had vastly changed their sound with their new single "Stay Focused"... only to discover it was simply posted under the incorrect artist's page (the real artist behind "Stay Focused" being Sean Cunningham, who I guess goes by "Clutch" as well). Well, that was awkward *wipes metaphorical sweat off brow*.

I'd like a place to report when you find that artists/groups with same name gets their artist profiles mixed up. Take for example Willows (https://open.spotify.com/artist/3GQOicT0GmhRlWvWuUKfoI). Their page is totaly mixed up with the 1950s Doo **bleep** group with the same name. And this is something I've seen a few other times. But how do I report it?

Suggested posts