Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Albums not playing, playing wrong songs

Albums not playing, playing wrong songs

Does anyone know why an album won't play and why it plays the wrong songs?

Hopefully I won't get an automatic email like I did before that says "Go to the Community page" where I already am. 

Bueller? Bueller?

18 Replies

Hey @dashrip87! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's not cool! Does this happen with specific albums? If so, could you send over the album URIs and the country your account is registered to?

Thanks, take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, it is happening with specific albums.

These two albums are listed under the band's page, but do not play:

https://open.spotify.com/album/5oC4v9SkjMKhLs2gWT0hd5

https://open.spotify.com/album/2xqliId6D1e3iSUCNyffFy

The album Rock On, is actually playing the album I've put below it--Eat It, not "Shine On", "Sour Grain", etc., and the wrong songs from Eat It are starting already in progress:

https://open.spotify.com/album/7uQrk71Z2IvHIlA5OZQxEx

https://open.spotify.com/album/2KJOewTQPd1BlCneFBTjeN

I am registered in the United States. 

Im having the exact same problem. Im registered in Canada.

Hey guys!

These albums should be available in the US and Canada. What error message does Spotify show when you're trying to play the album? Also, could you try a quick log out and log back in for me?

Thanks, take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

No message at all. It’s just playing the wrong tunes, and both albums are progressing along the track time line but no audio.

Hey there!

That's odd. Could you try to play these albums on a different device or using the Web Player?

HuboSpotify Star

Both problems still exist through Web Player, plus the Player playback is not as smooth as just the app. Lot of stutters during track play.

Hey @dashrip87!

Hmm, thanks for trying! You can read more about reporting content errors here.  Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

How do I get this resolved?

Any luck resolving my issue?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

I haven't had any luck. It's definitely a problem that needs to be fixed internally and not by a user.

So you'll report to the internal team, or is there a way for me to get in touch with them as a user?

Can you keep me posted on this?

I dont know how to get in touch with anybody who might ba able to help.  I noticed that we were having the same issue so I thought I'd back you up a bit.  It would be nice if we could get the issue resolved here, but Im not getting the sense that's going to happen.  Although it's a pretty frusturating issue, I dont know what my next step would be.  I'm dissapointed with Spotify's customer service.

Sounds like there is no customer service. Very disappointing. 
Thanks for reaching out. I appreciate it.

same problem.  they are trying to gaslight me telling me it plays correctly on their end but i dont think they know what the **bleep** they're listening to.  they are either willfully trying to disuade me from trying to get this solved because they dont know how to or they are some of the dumbest people on the planet earth.  im thinking its the latter... extremely dissapointed in them as well... wish i had another option..  

Zbra,

Sorry to hear you're having the same problem.

I'm done with this issue. Nothing has changed, albums still not playing correctly. 

It's obvious there is no real customer support on this app. Very disappointing for such a popular application/company.

i sent them a link to this very forum so they understood that I wasn't buying their little "it's only you experiencing the error, it looks correct to us."  No surprise they haven't responded since.  It really is absolutely insane that a company this big has 0 customer service, and the morons that they do have working will straight up lie to you (if they aren't simply ignorant and incorrect).  I get to wonder "am i being lied to or are they incompetant?"  Neither option is particularly palatable to me.  

My theory is it's not worth the trouble for them since these albums aren't within the contemporary garbage music of today genre. They're over 40 years old so they don't care.

Suggested posts