Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Other] Listen to songs in original language

[Android][Other] Listen to songs in original language

I would really like the option to choose to listen to tracks in their original language, rather than the app defaulting to English language versions when available. One example is Christine and The Queens, who I like to listen to in French. It's quite hard work to find the original French language versions in the app in the first place, but even after storing these in my Library, if I listen to Spotify's Christine and The Queens Playlist, it defaults to playing her songs in English because my location is UK and the overall app language chosen is English. I'd love to be able to set my preference here. Thanks!

1 Reply

Hi there @Kara88,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

We moved your post from Ideas to a relevant Help board, since we'd like a bit more info about what's happening.

To confirm, are the French versions available in the artist profile? If you've saved those in Your Library, those are the ones that should play, so we'd like to clarify, even though you saved the French versions, are they automatically changing to English versions?

Additionally, are the English versions only appearing in one playlist? Keep in mind that we can't influence on Spotify's This Is <artist name> playlists.

If the versions you're looking for are indeed available in Spotify, we suggest creating a playlist and adding your preferred versions to it.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts