Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Android][Podcasts] Stop using podcast episode artwork as thumbnail in listing

[Android][Podcasts] Stop using podcast episode artwork as thumbnail in listing

I have started using Spotify as my primary podcast source and one thing that has bothered me is that oftentimes episodes will be listed using their unique episode artwork/photo instead of the podcast artwork.

For instance, when browsing my new episodes feed, a Freakonomics episode will show a thumbnail of a photo that appears in that episode's description instead of the Freakonomics show artwork.

Because episodes will be listed with the episode title large and bold, and the show title smaller, I think it would be much easier to browse episode listings if you just used the podcast show artwork as the thumbnail. ESPECIALLY when driving, when it's very hard to see which podcast a certain episode is from.

4 Replies

Hey there @steVEVO,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help board, where it fits better.

Keep in mind that the artist or podcast creator has the liberty to choose the artwork for both their show and each episode, and this isn't something we can influence, as long as it meets our guidelines. That said, is up to each podcast creator to set a unique artwork for each of their episodes. 

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I get that, but it's very difficult when browsing a list of episodes of several podcasts. It's not this way in other podcast apps -- their lists always have the show art, not some individual episode art. See attachment.

Screenshot_20220218-203310.png

Hey @steVEVO,

As @Eni has explained, the artists/ podcasters choose the artwork on their shows/ profiles and episodes. 

If you have any feedback on this, we suggest forwarding it to the podcaster directly 🙂

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The problem is the size of the space given for the artwork in the formating provided by spotify. That little window for the art is too small. Even within a podcast like rogan’s where you have pictures of the guests for each episode it would be nice to be able to see the tiny image and see the persons face because for some of us we might recognize the face as we scroll and the description is less important while scrolling and driving.

Suggested posts