Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Announcement of the launching date in India.

Solved!

Announcement of the launching date in India.

We hop that Spotify answer this as quickly as possible. Foe real appreciate from us . We are waiting for u for very long time . EverdaEv we check your site and nothing to show. Please announce your date of launching in India.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify will launch in India by early 2019 or mid 2019. 

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Hi wowhiren and welcome to the Community! 🙂
Spotify wants to be available in as many countries as possible and is always working to reach a bigger audience. As of right now there is no concrete info about an India launch date, but you can keep up to date with new country launches via the link here.

Have a good day! 🙂

I am not asking the exact date of launching but simply asking you the hint of announcement.

Hi, I think spotify will launch in India very soon.... because a new Section Called "Desi" is added in Browse section of Spotfy. Which is full of Indian Music Content. Go and check it out from here - https://open.spotify.com/view/desi-page

Hop it will be soon bcoz "Savan" is getting better 🙂

Marked as solution

Spotify will launch in India by early 2019 or mid 2019. 

@user-removed wrote:

Hop it will be soon bcoz "Savan" is getting better 🙂

I don't think so, i can't find most of the songs on Saavn and im pretty sure Spotify will take over.

Ya I really hope it comes quick because I recently switched to Apple Music but I would 110% switch back if they got more desk music

hi

i wanted to ask about when spotify finally launches in india can i be able to use my existing account which i created using vpn by changing its location to india and keep all my playlists and favourites entact?

*sorry to use the vpn way to use spotify in india even when its not available but most of the streaming services present in india are not that good like i can't discover new music (english music to be precise) and even if i chose my preffered music language as english insted of recomending me english songs they keep pushing regional songs into my recomendations and playlists

I think it is not a good idea to use your existing account in india bcoz you can't get even eligble for launch offer or any discount.

can i at least export playlists and my favourite songs to the new account when spotify launches in india?

Well, guys, you will be happy to know that Spotify India is now actually launched in India on 26/02/2019. So wait is over go and install it. Thank me later.

zixn083h6xi21.jpg

Spotify is now officially launched in india and is priced at Rs 119 per month for Spotify Premium and also users can get access to spotify for Rs 13 per day.

Below are complete subscription charges of Spotify in India.

• 1 day: ₹13
  • 1 week: ₹39
  • 1 month: ₹129
  • 3 months: ₹389
  • 6 months: ₹719
  • 1 year: ₹1189

Also users can access the free version of Spotify which has got huge collection of bollywood songs.

If you are a student then you can get 50% off on your monthly subscription of Spotify.

{Community Moderator edit}

Spotify has officially launched in India today. You can find the application on Playstore. Spotify premium starts at Rs.119 per month and on student plan it's Rs.59 per month. There are multiple other plans available too. iOS and windows users cannot sign up for premium subscription yet. Unlike other regions, Spotify in India has lesser restrictions for free users as of now. But there's also a lot of songs that are region restricted.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community about this.

We’re happy to say that we’re now live in India 🙂 To start listening to music the way you want it, download the Spotify app today via the Android or iOS app store or by heading here.

Have a lovely day!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I don't think, the unavailable songs are from Warner Music with which Spotify still has ongoing issues regarding licensing.

Launched in India. Finally! Got a great deal on premium subscription for Students. 

Hey there @itsatulanurag,

No worries! If you already have a Spotify account, all you need to do is update your country settings on your current account. You can follow the steps here.

However, if you'd still like to go ahead having a new account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer to transfer your music and followers over to your new account. You can also follow the steps in this Spotify Answer to close your old account once everything is done.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts