Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Archies album on Spotify has wrong content / differs from other sources

Archies album on Spotify has wrong content / differs from other sources

TL;DR:  One album, Everything's Archie by The Archies, has the contents of a different album when it appears on Spotify; its current and correct tracklists are detailed at the bottom.

This year I bought a CD of the album I'd listened to the most on Spotify, the Archies's second album Everything's Archie (featuring their #1 hit, "Sugar, Sugar").  I discovered that the tracklist of the CD was very different from Spotify's, with only twelve songs on the CD and sixteen on Spotify (and only five songs in common).  Other sources, such as Wikipedia, AllMusic, and Discogs, indicate that the CD has the same tracks as the 1969 album, while Spotify seems to have copied the compilation Absolutely the Best of the Archies (which is also available on Spotify attributed to 1969; it is a 2001 compilation including material not released until the '70s) and added the old album art.  Why is this?  Is there a chance that the seven songs on the "real" album will make it to Spotify?

1969 tracklist:  "Feelin' So Good (S.K.O.O.B.Y. D.O.O.)"* - "Melody Hill"* - "Rock 'n' Roll Music" - "Kissin'" - "Don't Touch My Guitar" - "Circle of Blue" - "You Little Angel, You" - "Bicycles, Roller Skates, and You"* - "Hot Dog" - "Inside-Out, Upside-Down"* - "Love Light"

*appears in Spotify's version

Spotify version:  "Everything's Archie - Archie's Theme"  - "Get on the Line" - "Bicycles, Roller Skates, and You" - "Bang-Shang-A-Lang" - "Feelin' So Good" - "Truck Driver" - "Melody Hill" - "Who's Your Baby?" - "Sugar Sugar" - "Who's Gonna Love Me?" - "Jingle, Jangle" - "Inside-Out, Upside-Down" - "Sugar and Spice" - "Sunshine" - "This is Love" - "Archie's Party"

1 Reply

Hey @RMR2001,

Thank you for noticing this!

In order for the inconsistency to get reported to the right folks as soon as possible, please follow the instructions below:

• If you're in the US, contact our support team here and let them know!
  • If you're outside of the US, check out the steps here 🙂

Hope this helps.
Happy holidays!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts