Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Artist Page created from Local Files

Artist Page created from Local Files

User / Premium

United States

The other day I noticed that I was able to share one of my local files from Spotify to Instagram, which I do not believe is supposed to happen. I took a closer look & realized that the artist I had imported (my brother's old band from ten years ago) now has their own profile with 3 monthly listeners (I saw 4 total including myself, two from Germany, & one from Finland). 

I'm a bit concerned on how this happened as I'm certainly not paying to have their music up. They never signed to a label or anything & surely haven't put their music up on Spotify. I shared the artist page via text message with a friend & they were able to play the songs despite having no local files to match.

1 Reply

Hey there @Jenner001

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome 🙂

Would you mind sending over a screenshot where we can see these Local Files and another one where we can see how it looks when you share them? You can attach them using the Insert Photos option in the post editor, just make sure to exclude any personal info. 

Also, could you provide the link to the artist profile? We'll investigate further. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts