Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Artist radio

Artist radio

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

When I play songs from an artist radio (Jackson Browne Radio, for instance), the first song played is by the artist and then I never hear another of the artist's songs. What has changed? It used to be every 5 songs was by the artist. 

5 Replies

Hey @Kvr,

Spotify is frequently testing features, and it sounds likely that's what you're currently experiencing with your artist radio. Unfortunately, there's not a way to revert a feature that may be undergoing testing, but your feedback is definitely welcome, so thank you for bringing this up! I would also recommend voting/commenting on this idea, which has been a pretty popular topic regarding a general reworking of the way radio functions in Spotify.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Having this exact same issue. My radio does this yet my wife's still works perfect.

Ridiculous that I choose "Artist" radio so it picks one of their least known songs to play first and then nothing else from them afterwards.

Hey there @Salzberger,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if this is happening only with a single artist or every artist you try? 

Note that the radio is generated primarily based on your listening activity and music preferences, and that if you start a radio for an artist who doesn't have a very big discography or is performing in a very unique style, there might not be many recommendations exactly matching the type of music they do.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I used to put, for example, Pink Floyd radio, and Roger Waters and David Gilmour would appear for sure, now they don't even exist on the radio list, and there is a lot of music that doesn't make sense. 

I also used to put Xutos & Pontapes (an old portuguese rock band) radio and used to give a lot of old Portuguese rock, now it comes with RAP, Hip Hop and groups that really don't make any sense.

I would love to have my radio back

I remember meeting new artists, but following the list flow, not mixing up 70's Portuguese Rock with 2022 Rap & TRAP

Hey there @joaobamartins,

Thanks for you post in the Community!

It's good to make sure if your account has not been used on another device, where such music might have been streamed and thus now influencing your Radio suggestions.  You can read on some useful tips how to secure and protect your account here.

Also in cases when you'd want to explore different genres that shouldn't take effect on your listening preferences, it's good to take advantage of our Private listening feature, which is explained here.

And anytime you come across a suggestion that still feels irrelevant to you, you can help the algorithm improve, by actively showing the app what you like or dislike. More on this could be read here.

Hope you find this info useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts