Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Audiobooks in Premium plans

Audiobooks in Premium plans

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Operating System

iOS 16.7.1

My Question or Issue

My friend was telling me that audiobooks are free for her as she has premium. I’m also a premium member (family premium account) but am still being promoted to pay. Does anyone know why this is? She lives in the US and I’m in Canada, not sure if that matters.

B9E4FEC9-60D9-4F66-8B43-274FD2B7B4A6.JPG
9B4C9AFC-CAD3-45A2-BBBD-F6F5090FDDE6.JPG
5 Replies

Hey @ciierraniicole,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Right now, Audiobooks in Premium is available only on select plans and is limited to plan managers.

This means if you joined a Duo or Family plan as a member you won’t have access to the free listening time, but this is something that will be explored in the future to allow Family and Duo users to have more flexibility from their audiobooks access 🙂

I hope this clears things up!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Maxim,

I am the account manager for my family plan but am still having to pay for audiobooks

Hey @ciierraniicole,

Thanks for getting back.

While lots of titles are available for Premium users, some are strictly purchase-only.

The difference can easily be spotted in this screenshot:

Maxim_0-1699875595438.png

If the Audiobook says 'Included in Premium', then it will play with Premium time.

If it doesn't, however, it will only play when purchased regardless of your current plan.

I hope this clears things up 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I was speaking with customer support today. The 15 hours free are only available in certain places. Canada is not one of the places that gets the 15 hours free.

I have the exact same issue being the Plan Manager of my Family Account. When will the 15 hours of Audiobooks be available to Canadian Plan Managers as it is in other jurisdictions?

Suggested posts