Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Audiobooks on Spotify - let's build a list of what's available

Solved!

Audiobooks on Spotify - let's build a list of what's available

Since there is no easy way to search for audiobooks on Spotify, I thought it might be useful to build a list here to help each other. I know there are scraps off-forum but it seems more useful to have this information in the community.

Here's my starter for 10.

H.G.Wells - War of the Worlds

H.G.Wells - Time Machine

H.G. Wells - Invisible Man

Mark Twain - Short Stories

Mark Twain - A Double Barrelled Detective Story

76 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey folks! This thread gets a lot of new views every week. We want you to all know we have a dedicated section for Audiobooks now. 

In Browse > GENRES& MOODS > WORD you can now find these options.

If you've found something great, share it in the 'Audiobooks - What are you listening to'

Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 4.39.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 4.40.48 PM.png

There is no Browse > GENRES& MOODS > WORD option

Still no 'Word' genre from the looks of it. I would appreciate this and podcasts so much.

Can't find it.

It'd be great if we could get all the ancient classics from librivox, e.g., Iliad, Odyssey, Aeneid, Metamorphosis, Confessions , Three Theban Plays by Sophocles

Not seeing the "Word" section today so I guess it's been removed.  Any alternatives?

No there isn't - why was this posted if it's not true? Weird (& annoying). Hopefully will be true one day though...

Hi,

I cannot find this, is this only available in the US? I live in Europe...

> Not seeing the "Word" section today so I guess it's been removed.  Any alternatives?

audioobook.com has a list of the best rated audiobooks on Spotify. But the selection of audiobooks on Spotify in US is poor...

I can't seem to find words in genre and moods, I'm a premium member. I tried it on my phone and laptop but it doest have it. Is it because I live in the UK?

Is this category available on Latin America? i think i'm going crazy...

There in't a "word" option as you have described it.

When you are on your phone, go to browse. Then scroll all the way to the bottom. It will be there with its own tab. Don't search for it under the Moods tab

In Swedish it's called "Tal" in the Android app, which can be translated to "speech", so look for something similar to "words" if you have the app in another language.

And make sure the app is updated.

Hi,

I have seen there are audi books on Spotify but when I try and look for my favourite authors, they come in German - where are the english translations?

Thanks

I cannot find that option on my Mac (Spotify is version 1.0.49.125.g72ee7853). Can anyone help out?

Here's something that I put together, awhile back. It's of fiction and science fiction that I've read or would like to.

https://open.spotify.com/user/madmanonwheels/playlist/1qZJMqFYXIEDdRMSwYXg51?context=spotify%3Auser%...

Follow me

Thank you so much!! Aaaaw, this is freaking awesome!!!

Cheers,
Shakti

There is no word category option in genres for me. Is it because I'm using the app?

In my phone it doesn't appear :s

Suggested posts