Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

BTO - Bachman-Turner Overdrive

BTO - Bachman-Turner Overdrive

I was putting together a playlist and noticed BTO's Not Fragile album isn't in Spotify? Just curious why it isn't there?

I was trying to put together a playlist of my favorite bands favorite albums, and Not Fragile would definitely be BTO's best album.

4 Replies

Hi, @artful_dodger59! Bachman-Turner Overdrive was my first concert, and Not Fragile was the first album of theirs that I bought (followed quickly by Bachman-Turner Overdrive II.

Obviously, we want all the world’s music on Spotify. However, some artists and tracks are not currently available. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label, or a change may happen in music ownership.

Now, usually that means an artist's entire catalog, or some period of it, isn't available. That's not the case here. As far as I know, the same groups hold the rights to Not Fragile that have Bachman-Turner Overdrive II and the subsequent album, Four Wheel Drive. They both were released on Phonogram/Mercury, which would put them under the Universal umbrella.

So I'm not sure what to tell you, other than thousands of albums and artists are added to Spotify every day. if you can't find it now, it may appear (or reappear — because I could've sworn I've seen Not Fragile on Spotify before) soon. In the meantime, feel free to contact the band or the label to ask when they plan to have the album on Spotify.
Fortunately, all but two of Not Fragile 's songs — "Second Hand" and "Givin' It All Away" — are included on BTO compilations that do appear on Spotify.
So I've put those seven songs in a playlist for you, in the order on which they appear on Not Fragile. Actually, I did it for me (like I said, it was the first BTO album I ever bought), but you're welcome to use it, too!
Hope that gives you at least a partial answer and solution that's helpful. Me, I'm not sure what I would've done if I couldn't have listened to "Sledgehammer."

spotify:user:brian_mansfield:playlist:3KY3n2Mvus8OQzzAMduKle

should be there, I went to concerts and they were opening acts, maybe we
can look in festivals...
bachman turner overdrive, check spelling. mine was bad from spellchecker

The group is there, I was talking about the ALBUM!

Thank you!

Suggested posts