Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Blend songs not accurate

Blend songs not accurate

Blend has many songs I've never listened to and which are marked as based on my music. Me and my boyfriend both listen to Taylor swift and the 1975 regularly and yet none of their songs are in the blend, despite being mentioned in the blend story. Is there a way to fix this?
5 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we can confirm playlists like the blends have Social recommendations. So, you'll see some songs people who make part of the blend might like based on their listening activity. That being said, it's possible to see some tracks you both never listened to, but are recommended by the app. You can read more about it in this article.

Keep in mind blends update daily. We suggest you both make sure the Private Session is off, so the algorithm can gather enough info about your most recent listening activity. Also, make sure you're listening to music not only from other recommended playlists like Discover Weekly or Daily Mix, but through the Search option as well, so the tracks on the blend are more accurate through time.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I completely agree with blend songs not being accurate. There is a MAJOR bug in the "Blend" playlists. It adds songs I've listened to *maybe* years ago. Yet, songs I have on repeat are never listed. I even tried to remove old things from "taste" playlists to no avail. It's bizarre 

So is there no way to adjust the playlist more proactively?

Like could we dislike the song or exclude it from our taste profile?

Do we just have to listen to enough stuff and hope that it changes soon?

Hey @Lotsofwordstosay,

Thanks for your reply.

To answer your questions, yes, you can do both for a blend. You can exclude the Blend playlist by going to it and selecting its three-dot menu. Then you can select the option Exclude from your taste profile to not affect your taste profile. You can do this on the mobile version, the desktop app, and the web player. You can read more about it in this article.

You can also hide the songs you don't know or like in a blend by going to the three-dot menu of the track and selecting the Hide this song option. Currently, this is only possible on the mobile version of the app.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey @Alejar

First of all, there are no "Hide" options in the blend playlist. (Screenshots with proof attached). 

Second. Why these songs are marked, that some of us have them in the playlist or listened to them?  Marked them like it suppose to be - RECOMMENDATION! Rather, you have to do it with the intent to mislead.

Screenshot 2023-06-21 135219.jpg

Suggested posts