Blocking. I upgraded to Premium to remove ads.

Highlighted

Blocking. I upgraded to Premium to remove ads.

Casual Listener

I clicked a pop artist by accident, one single time. Now every time that I load Spotify they are displayed under Recently played as an advert. It does not appear possible to block this artist. When will this feature be available to your paying customers? Is my only option to cancel and subscribe again with a different email account and be careful to never click on music I don't already know that I like?

Failing that, can a premium user stop the Recently played list from displaying? Is it possible to hide the home page entirely? Can the recently played list be cleared? Surely that must be possible by law.

Your pricing plans clearly indicate that you can "Listen to music ad-free". Without the above feature this absolutely false and misleading.

It seems like such an obvious feature, I assumed by upgrading to Premium I would be able to easily do this without deleting my account and starting again.

In regards to deleting my account will all of my history be deleted in accordance with GDPR legislation? Will this legally mandatory feature be available to paying users at any point in the future?

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Blocking. I upgraded to Premium to remove ads.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hi there @AnotherHugh

thanks for reaching out to the community !

In order for me to help out, i would like you to first check you subscription status on your account overview here to make sure you're indeed on Premium.

Furthermore, what do you mean by saying you've clicked on a song and now it appears on your Recently Played as an ad ? it'll be great if you'd be able to provide me with a screenshot.

For you last question, a Premium subscriber who decided to cancel their Premium will have their account reverted back to the Free edition.

Any content created on the Premium subscription will be there for when the user decides to get back on Premium.

Waiting on your update 🙂

OneByBooRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Re: Blocking. I upgraded to Premium to remove ads.

Casual Listener

Here it is:

laroux.png
SUGGESTED POSTS